New decoder for sky in mallorca

slaine29

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 dish in north mallorca, sky box 12yrs old!!
My Location
Mallorca, Spain
I am about to buy a new decoder to watch sky as my old box is about 12 yrs old !!! can you suggest which box would be best to receive fringe reception in Majorca. Also how could i 'marry' my old sky card to this new box ?? Any help would be very much appreciated , as i just seem to be going round and around in circles

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
When you say "old Sky Card", I take it you mean Yellow House Card?

That will be of no use to you at all very soon.

White Cards are the order of the day!

slaine29

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 dish in north mallorca, sky box 12yrs old!!
My Location
Mallorca, Spain
I have got a new White card, i just wanted to update my ancient box as i cannot get bbc or itv at night now, but i still get my movies and sport subscription. I dont know if i have to get a new box from sky and marry the card up or if there is a better decoder for way out here.

jno

Reaction score
My Location
Burgenland, Austria
I had a Pace 2600 in Mallorca when I lived there (Santa Maria) back in 2006/07. Lived 3 streets away from that big Sunday market.

I got pretty much everything with a wall-mounted 1.45cm dish though ITV 3 and Channel 5 seem to break up in very high winds. I got this fitted from a guy who advertised in the Daily Bulletin at the time - it was a top class job - dish was Italian I believe, and pole to hold it on to the wall was the biggest fattest pole I had ever seen.

As for recommending a box, I would go for a newer Pace model, solely for speed. Happy viewing!