New Dish

johnodupont

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky + HD system, Technomate motorised system 7100 reciever
My Location
Shetland
Well im afraid my 1.1m dish didnt last the 1st westerly storm of the Shetland winter. It popped the top screws that was connected to the bracket and bent over in two ruining the dish. What i was wondering was what would be the smallest dish i could get to work on my motorised system to get hotbird . astra etc . Im guessing 80cm?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Probably 80cm to give you rain fade capability so far north.

If you carefully straighten the dish face out you can probably get it straight enough to work until you can get a new one delivered. One of my dishes was second hand and had been bent double by some kids. I got it straight enough to work just fine on one of the stronger satellites..

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
johnodupont said:
Well im afraid my 1.1m dish didnt last the 1st westerly storm of the Shetland winter. It popped the top screws that was connected to the bracket and bent over in two ruining the dish. What i was wondering was what would be the smallest dish i could get to work on my motorised system to get hotbird . astra etc . Im guessing 80cm?

Not being ghoulish, but could you possibly post up a couple of pics of the damage?

My own 1.1m fell forward complete with patio mount/slab a year or so ago. The LNB arm hit the deck and bent so badly it was u/s ........... but it protected the dish itself.

johnodupont

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky + HD system, Technomate motorised system 7100 reciever
My Location
Shetland
well its in the shed now, ive straightened it out but it has a big bulge in the middle and a line across it where it bent. I didnt bother putting it back up as i thought there would be no chance of getting any signal from it .But i may give it a try until i get a new one. (would a triax dish fit a technomate motor or would i have to get a normal techomate type dish)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
That should be fine.

My TD110 is mounted on a Fortec Turner, which is a Moteck clone, as is the TM motor.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
sounds like you could do with a channel master dish up in your location, more expensive but would survive the winds easily.