new hydra 7000 image 109

jonnie666

Reaction score
there is a new hydra image phoenix released for 7000 available usual places

Bradwall

Reaction score
jonnie666 said:
there is a new hydra image phoenix released for 7000 available usual places
I've tried it on usb with dm7000beta109 on the flash and it seems to be very stable, not much freezing or crashing, good image.
icon14.gif

Cheers Bradwall

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Bradwall said:
I've tried it on usb with dm7000beta109 on the flash and it seems to be very stable, not much freezing or crashing, good image.
icon14.gif

Cheers Bradwall

Havent tried it myself yet, Whats the story on the control panel. Is it encrypted?

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi John,

Yes, the control panel is still encrypted. Is that a problem?
I either use the supplied control panel, updated on-line, or use manual ftp update.
Whether the cpanel is encrypted or not makes no difference to me!

The important thing with this or any other 1.09 image in multiboot and 1.09 beta in DB flash is that the flash image MUST be 1.09 beta CVS and not the original 1.09 beta.
With the original 1.09 beta in DB flash FlashWizard 5.0 does not correctly track which is the currently active image (red arrow shows flash image to be active instead of the multiboot image that is really running). This happens randomly and sometimes it is correct and sometimes not! It works fine and you might not at first realise anything is wrong.
BUT:-
The really bad thing about this is that if you then try to ftp anything to the active image, it goes to the flash image instead! You will see that it is the flash image when you run your ftp tool as there will be no 'bin' or 'scce' folders in /var!! You can still access the active image through /mnt/usb/fwpro/'image name'/var/....... but it's a bit long winded and inconvenient.

So best to use 1.09 beta CVS in flash memory, then FW5.0 correctly tracks the active image and ftp goes where it should.

73 & happy dreaming.

greenslade

Reaction score
I've kept the Angharad 1.08 image in flash and added the new 1.09 Phoenix image as an additional USB image. It works and I like the new add-ons etc accessible in the control panel, but there is a noticeable delay in responding to remote key presses affecting all operations (channel change, menu selection etc). This is apparent in the other images (poseidon, zeus).

Has anyone else noticed this? Could it be due to the 1.08 image in flash?

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi greenslade,

Yes, the delay is due to 1.08 in flash and 1.09 in USB. Spartan tried it with a different 1.09 image and found the sluggishness you describe plus it was quite unstable with frequent crashes.

At the moment I have:-
DMM 1.09 beta CVS in flash
and
Hydra Phoenix
Gemini 106
DBF Revolutions 3.1
all 1.09 images, in USB.

I'm quite happy with all of them. They all have internet update of all the usual things and seem more stable than the 108 images.

There are some problems I have found:-
AutoSatXML does not work on any of them.
The manual plugin loader on DBF Revolutions 3.1 does not work correctly.

I expect these will be cured in future releases but as they are they still work well.

73 & happy dreaming.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
td03-5 said:
Hi John,

Yes, the control panel is still encrypted. Is that a problem?
I either use the supplied control panel, updated on-line, or use manual ftp update.
Whether the cpanel is encrypted or not makes no difference to me!

The important thing with this or any other 1.09 image in multiboot and 1.09 beta in DB flash is that the flash image MUST be 1.09 beta CVS and not the original 1.09 beta.
With the original 1.09 beta in DB flash FlashWizard 5.0 does not correctly track which is the currently active image (red arrow shows flash image to be active instead of the multiboot image that is really running). This happens randomly and sometimes it is correct and sometimes not! It works fine and you might not at first realise anything is wrong.
BUT:-
The really bad thing about this is that if you then try to ftp anything to the active image, it goes to the flash image instead! You will see that it is the flash image when you run your ftp tool as there will be no 'bin' or 'scce' folders in /var!! You can still access the active image through /mnt/usb/fwpro/'image name'/var/....... but it's a bit long winded and inconvenient.

So best to use 1.09 beta CVS in flash memory, then FW5.0 correctly tracks the active image and ftp goes where it should.

73 & happy dreaming.

Hi td
Tried a while back to do the control panel and no luck, was rushing it though. Up to my eyes in work the last few weeks but will try it again soon. Using Gemeni at the moment, so no reason to change yet. But would still will get it set up.