New Hydra56xx Phoenix 1.09 Image by The_Hydra

pant

Reaction score
Has anyone tried it? Does it worth it? or I m missing something here?

bob49

Reaction score
pant said:
Has anyone tried it? Does it worth it? or I m missing something here?

Hi,

Not tried the Hydra image yet - was hoping to use Flash Wizard to test it out as an NFS image. Managed to get the boot logo image but nothing after that.

Have got the latest Gemini image based on the 2.6.7 kernel and that is good, well worth upgrading.

Two main benefits I've seen so far :
1) It's a small image and so there's more room in /var. With no cams or keys /var is 28% full. Newcamd 5.28 takes it to 50%, keys takes it to 56% - plenty of room for other things.
2) The sound driver works so that dreamnetcast is usable. I've also downloaded the jukebox plugin and that should work too. /var is at 66% with these two plugins.

Hydra seems to be small as well - under 5MB if I remember so it should have the same benefits.

The only downside so far is that NFS multiboot doesn't want to work. Before the gemini upgrade I had it working with Gemini 1.02 in flash and 6 others in NFS and it worked very well. I had to put Gemini 1.02 as a flash image instead of the base image so that cams and keys were there if the NFS share wasn't. Since the upgrade however - it will not load the NFS images.

Hope this helps.

Bob

pant

Reaction score
Thanks bob

well I did tried it and its pretty good.Small as you said (newcamd 5.28 and Ms mary 64% of var) fast and much stable than the previous one with teletext working now and some more surprises.

chuckles

Reaction score
I've tried both new images, but had some trouble loding the new hydra phoenix, but after 3 attempts it works OK.
I was using flashwizard pro and somewhere along the way things got mixed up.
Cant get PP key update plugin to work with the new Gemeni, thats the only problem I have to date.

bob49

Reaction score
chuckles said:
I've tried both new images, but had some trouble loding the new hydra phoenix, but after 3 attempts it works OK.
I was using flashwizard pro and somewhere along the way things got mixed up.
Cant get PP key update plugin to work with the new Gemeni, thats the only problem I have to date.

Are you using the multiboot/NFS with the new images? I tried but it didn't work after two attempts so I gave up at that point.

I've put them both in as flash images separately and got everything to work OK. The Hydra image produces a message "Unable to decrypt this scrambled channel" a second or so before it clears - not a big problem, but a bit of a nuisance. Dreamnetcast plugin works on both images, but the jukebox plugin is jerky. Trying to play an mpg file from a shared NFS directory was also very broken up.

Bob

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
bob49 said:
The Hydra image produces a message "Unable to decrypt this scrambled channel" a second or so before it clears - not a big problem, but a bit of a nuisance.

if you change the setting to 'don't show error messages' it will not bother you again.

djc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020-S

88cm Triax Dish

1.8m Channel Master soon to be installed
My Location
Doncaster
Can't seem to get my ART card to work with Newcamd 5.28 on the Hydra, had no problem when using with the DBF Revolutions image. Any ideas ?

Cheers

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
so compared to the Gemini image, is it an improvement??

chuckles

Reaction score
On the new Hydra I cant get the MVepg to work, I get an error message when I try to run it.