New Image

bov1873

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm800
My Location
glasgow
I have a dm800 hd clone on a motorised dish! What type of image should I be looking for when the time arises? I am clueless with regards to this and not very technical but im keen, thanks in advance

Hixxy1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800/7020Si/7000S, VU+ Duo, Skybox F3 & F5, TM1000D, Skystar 2 DVBdream, Triax TD110, Darkmotor, Inverto Black, Hotbird 13 Zone 2 MK 4, 28.2 Zone 1 MK4
My Location
East Midlands
Dreamboxuk 2.1.2 by aguda is a good image. It's SSL84 so it will auto update the bootloader without bricking the box. Plenty of features like full 7 day uk tv listings.

There's a similar image for the SE model as well.

A nonymous

Reaction score
It all depends on which SIM card the box has installed on it. The most common is SIM 2.01, although it may be a Ferrari Sim or an E-Star Sim.

What does the display on the box say when its booting up. It should say something like SIM Team 2.01 #84b.

That will identify which chip is in it. I have no idea what the E-Star or Fearrari chip one might say as i only have a Sim 2.01 box. This is important, as if you install the wrong image, your box will stop functioning. Even if it is a SIM 2.01 box, you have to know which bootloader it is using to prevent a no CA error, as you will need an image using that bootloader.

If Its a #82 box you can update to 84a and the 84b with no issues.

Nano

bov1873

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm800
My Location
glasgow
hi,sorry for my ignorance :-wow ,i thought i would have got email alerts for any replies from you guys but i couldnt haved ticked the box for that :-wow i rebooted the box and it says as you described,sim201 hash 84.is it easy enough to install a new image when the time arises?i have cool tv guide installed on a drive inside the box too,thanks for your patience :-clap

A nonymous

Reaction score
I would suggest you try the link below for your images. This is probably one of the best places to get images for this box. You will have to remove the underscore and make hXXp read http to use the link.

LINK REMOVED

<p>Be warned that not all the images may work with your box, thats sometimes the problem with a clone box. They will install OK but may stall when booting up. It thats the case you install another image and try again.

To be honest the image i'm using on mine is quite old now but its stable and it does what i need it to do so i see very little point of changing it. I'm running an older version of Dream Elite Blackhole on mine :D
which works fine. Find an image that suits your needs and then stick to it is the only advice i would say, unless you like playing.

The images modified by Rami are the one i find the best for these boxes.

To install the image you just do it over the boxes web interface, the process is the same regardless of what sim the box has installed.. Connect the box up to your router and then reboot it while holding the power button down on the front.

It will then display an IP address on the front display. Go to a PC connected to the same router and type in the ip address displayed the DM800 into Internet Explorer.

You will then have the boxes web interface in front of you.

Follow the link below and that will explain everything. Obviously fixing the h**p bit with http first.

Some of the images are in German from the link, but its self explanatory once you have the web interface in front of you.

Nano

bov1873

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm800
My Location
glasgow
many thanks for your technical input and i'll go over<sub></sub>it till the penny drops :-beer just another point,had my box for 18 months,i know channel frequencys change on certain channels then the channel is lost,have you got to put a new image onto the box to get lost channels back or is there another way of doing it?ive lost primetime for months now and its good for ppv boxing,thanks

A nonymous

Reaction score
You just do a new service scan.

Menu -> Setup -> service searching -> manual scan (Screenshot below)

You just set which satellite you want to scan, and then set it then to scan the whole satellite, with network scan and clear channels. You don't need to use the clear channels bit, but withy out it, it won't remove the dead channels stored on the box.

I have added a screen shot off my Gigable, although its texactly the same on the DM800.

Once you have scanned you can then use Dreambox edit on your PC to go through your channel lists and to make your own bouquets. You can download it from I have a Dreambox. Just Google "IHAD"

Nano

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 75
  • screenshot1a.jpg
    screenshot1a.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 69

bov1873

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm800