New Inverto KaKu lnb

maybecrazy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 1.2m with Inverto KUKA, Cahors 90cm 28.2, 19.2, 13.0 east, 0.8, 5.0 west
Inverto Unicable II multiswitch > Ankaro 8 port legacy switch, EMP 8 port diseqc 1.1 switch
VU+ Solo 4k, on order Octagon SF4008
My Location
Midlands
Hi Chris, thanks for replying

Can you not see my screenshot ? I just need to know what to enter in ALL lof settings including threshold, I know the LOF but I'm thrown by the LOF high, low and threshold settings.

I did edit the post to say that I'm using the dedicated KA port, diseqc side of things I'm ok with.

The screenshot shows the default settings for a universal LNB when changed to user defined, I know I need to change parameters.

John

Enthusiast.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Elite 2.2 PF - CM1.8 - CM1.2 - Gibertini 1.25.
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
PC cards-TM5402 receivers.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
.... @maybecrazy, I don't think you are, welcome to the forum & Ka land.

I'm not familiar with that receiver, i use a TM-5402 HD M3 for my Ka setup.
In your receiver's menu is there an option in the "lnb type" for something like "single" or "user" ?. You can then designate a custom lnb LOF of 20.250 for the Inverto.
The pic shows my dedicated 16°East screen for Ka with the Inverto.
I use other Ka bands on the 1.2 Gibertini dish, thats why i have a diseqc instruction on the set-up screen.
7° East also has some strong transponders on it as well to aid set-up, 16E & 7E using H frequencies.
It's an interesting band, but comes with it's own set of quirks and a bit harder to set-up and find transponders than what Ku has .... good fun though.
Your in good Ka company on here, plenty of knowledgeable people to assist if you get stuck. Enjoy.

Ka screen.jpg

A

Archive-8

Hi Chris, thanks for replying

Can you not see my screenshot ? I just need to know what to enter in ALL lof settings including threshold, I know the LOF but I'm thrown by the LOF high, low and threshold settings.

Enter 20.250

Last edited by a moderator:

John

Enthusiast.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
... Iv'e paid a bit more attention to your setup screen now @maybecrazy .... If you click on "User Defined" for the LOF and enter 20.250 the other "LOF's" and "Threshold" indicators should be removed by the receivers software.

maybecrazy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Inverto Unicable II multiswitch > Ankaro 8 port legacy switch, EMP 8 port diseqc 1.1 switch
My Location
Midlands
What a friendly forum, thanks ppl

Well it seems the settings in the screenshot below work, the threshold setting is the frequency for the low band/high band switch over frequency so I just set that to the LNB lowest frequency and switched tone off.

I had no luck on 16e so partly the reason I thought my settings were wrong, so I tried 7e and wham :) so at least I know now I have the correct parameters and I can go searching.

Really appreciate the responses :)

KAgood.jpg
KA7e.jpg

maybecrazy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands
... Iv'e paid a bit more attention to your setup screen now @maybecrazy .... If you click on "User Defined" for the LOF and enter 20.250 the other "LOF's" and "Threshold" indicators should be removed by the receivers software.

Yes the KA band LNB cofiguration needs refining for Enigma2, it's open source so I guess it just needs someone to take on the task.

I shall put a suggestion forward so can anyone tell me the LOF for all 4 KA band LNBs ?

A

Archive-8

What a friendly forum, thanks ppl

Well it seems the settings in the screenshot below work, the threshold setting is the frequency for the low band/high band switch over frequency so I just set that to the LNB lowest frequency and switched tone off.

I had no luck on 16e so partly the reason I thought my settings were wrong, so I tried 7e and wham :) so at least I know now I have the correct parameters and I can go searching.

Really appreciate the responses :)

View attachment 103103
View attachment 103104

Nice one :-)

16°E is dx'ing for my 1.5 dish

7°E and when the feeds are live 5°E are also good catches.

A

Archive-8

It's not quite as simple as that.

The huges 18ghz is 17.350
The direct TV 18ghz is 20.450

What lnbs do you mean?

maybecrazy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands
Exactly as you have posted, all and any known KA band LNBs and their LOF so that they could be added to an xml file and then it would just be a case of selecting the correct LNB in in the configuration. A similar thing was added recently to Enigma2 for Unicable LNBs and switches where the make and model are all listed and selectable.

unicable.jpg

John

Enthusiast.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
It's not quite as simple as that.

The huges 18ghz is 17.350
The direct TV 18ghz is 20.450

What lnbs do you mean?

... A couple more Ka band lnb's & LOF's to add to Chris's for you that i use here.

Ka Band A - XMW 18.2 to 19.2GHz pll lnb ------ 17.250.
Ka Band D - XMW 21.2 to 22.2GHz DRO lnb -- 20.250.

As a matter of interest, roughly what part of the Midlands are you in ?... and also on here we LOVE pictures to look at .... some of your Ka set-up would be great.
How much of the arc can you see on your CM 1.2 and is the Ka/Ku Inverto at the focus of your dish or do you have other stuff hanging off it.
Not trying to be nosey, but pictures really do help to give a quicker and more accurate responses. (ok, i am being nosey)

maybecrazy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands
I don't mind you being nosey :)

I'm in Cov, my Cahors dish is on the roof and the CM1.2 is on the side of the house at roof level and I don't go up ladders any more :)

Luckily my mate is an installer so he does all the dish work, I have no pics of the the CM, I've had it for donkeys years and had it down recently to paint it grey as it was looking very tatty, also got the big heavy H-H 36v motor of which the name escapes me at the moment.

I used to be able to get from 68e to 45w but trees to the east stop me getting 68e, when the dish was on 68e it actually looked like it was pointing at the ground, furthest now to which I can tune is 46e although I could probably get a little further.

I will get some better pics but in the meantime here is a pic of my Cahors dish as it was being installed by my mate and my switch setup in the loft

dish.jpg

IMAG0035.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

IMAG0056.jpg

John

Enthusiast.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
Good looking setup @maybecrazy :D

Agreed, thanks for sharing & very nice indeed tell your mate. Nice to see good quality connectors being used as well.
Keep us informed with your Ka activities chap.

John

Enthusiast.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
I don't mind you being nosey :)

I'm in Cov, my Cahors dish is on the roof and the CM1.2 is on the side of the house at roof level and I don't go up ladders any more :)

Luckily my mate is an installer so he does all the dish work, I have no pics of the the CM, I've had it for donkeys years and had it down recently to paint it grey as it was looking very tatty, also got the big heavy H-H 36v motor of which the name escapes me at the moment.

I used to be able to get from 68e to 45w but trees to the east stop me getting 68e, when the dish was on 68e it actually looked like it was pointing at the ground, furthest now to which I can tune is 46e although I could probably get a little further.

I will get some better pics but in the meantime here is a pic of my Cahors dish as it was being installed by my mate and my switch setup in the loft

View attachment 103119

View attachment 103121

View attachment 103122

View attachment 103123

Jaeger 1224 perhaps ... as in Blades pic ?

maybecrazy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands
Yes, that's the one :)