Not open for further replies.

PeteHarper

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm800se
My Location
uk
hi

had a dreambox 800se for about a year. installer vanished pretty much straight away - so cant go back to him.
I have had a few problems - the biggest being the drop outs.
basically the signal when watching a scrambled channel breaks up for 20 seconds minimum - every 3 or 4 minutes generally.

can anyone point me in the direction of the problem - my internet currently is supplied to the box by powerline adaptors, and the max speed I receive is 15mbps.

they have just upgraded my area to hi speed - so will be getting 76mbps - would that help ?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It'll be a dodgy oversubscribed pay server, but I'm afraid we don't discuss pay servers.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yup you are connected to a hopelessly oversubscribed pay server - you have classic symptoms of slow updates when the keys change .

If you want uninterrupted viewing get yourself a pukka subscription to whichever service you are interested in - its much less grief in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.