New Motorised Set Up

dlumley

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TECHNOMATE 1500
My Location
Cambridgeshire
Hi, I have just purchased a Technomate 1500ci and awaiting delivery of a 80cm motorised dish system. Once dish is fitted to wall, can I manually set to HOTBIRD 13deg E check signal then switch USALS ON AND GO TO X or is life not this simple regards

Dave

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
i've just bought a motorised dish also, waiting for it to come and have been reading up

seems you need to align to the due south satellite nearest to you say 1w or whatever to get the dish on the arc properly

i would think the method you say will work fine as long as your cordinates are put in right

dlumley

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TECHNOMATE 1500
My Location
Cambridgeshire
time will tell, good luck on your setup,i wont get chance until weekend

Simba27

Panthera leo massaieus
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL55 receiver. Lidl 0.6 LNB. Lidl 80cm dish. Metronic DiSEqC motor. Phillips Freeview box. JVC SVHS Video .Targa 160GB HDD/DVD recorder. 3 x UHF modulators. 6-way Booster/Splitter.
My Location
Uxbridge UK
It's not too bad once you get your head around it. Check the motor setup tutorials.

After you've been up the ladder tweaking it every night for two weeks in the dark and freezing cold, it will all suddenly make sense. :D

dlumley

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TECHNOMATE 1500
My Location
Cambridgeshire
For those thats interested set my dish up first time, set motor to 13 deg E and slowly manually turned all assembly until picked up picture on ART SPORT3 fine adjusted dish by oving back and forward then tightened bolts. Checked arc by sending to THOR in one direction and Astra 28.2 E in the other.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have you tried 30W?