New original software for MR (1.060)

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
@ pistolpetos...download the zipped folder 1.060, there is a readme file there as always which indicates the changes.

russquk

Reaction score
i know this has been asked somwhere else but i cant find it,to update the mr cam do you do it via a programmer and say a funcard or titanium card etc...sorry for asking but my brain is not working working today! lol

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You can update it with a CAS interface, Laptop Computer, or fun cards, 3 x fun5 or 2 x fun6. Files are HERE

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You need a laptop with a PCMCIA slot and need to upload some drivers, there is a thread by tutut on Toecutter's, it's in the Matrix Reloaded section, but you will need to do a search for it, Laptop and tutut as search criteria should find it. May take a while to set it up, but once done it is very quick to update the MR.

chuckles

Reaction score
Owners of older Echostar receivers should beware this new version as it don't work with them all

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Fortunatley you can still get the older versions, so you can revert until the bugs are fixed.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
tipsygent said:
how do you upgrade with a laptop ?????

Yes lappy's prog MR's in a fraction of the time!.....I now use mine. :D

silvernet

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
UK
Ive updated mine with two fun card 6's, no problem at all, best update ever, very fast and reliable on 30w.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
silvernet said:
Ive updated mine with two fun card 6's, no problem at all, best update ever, very fast and reliable on 30w.

Using a lappy does it in a fraction of the time needed with fun cards m8....once you have download file and unzipped.....slide in MR...open loader & load file and prog cam approx time 1.5 minutes ! :D

silvernet

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
UK
It does if you have a " Lappy ".....waverider, it don't, if you aint... it only takes ten minutes or so in the receiver, I'm never in any great hurry...lol..

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
silvernet said:
It does if you have a " Lappy ".....waverider, it don't, if you aint... it only takes ten minutes or so in the receiver, I'm never in any great hurry...lol..

I only realised it could be done AFTER! I purchased two fun cards m8.....needless to say I wasn't a happy chappy when I got home an the penny dropped!