New Pentavision Drivers released

aseman

Reaction score
My Location
London
V2.93
Anybody know of any new changes that this driver effects? (Apart from the fact that the progrsm now closes instantaneously)

Later

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'll try it this weekend when I'll be back on my own computer. It must be very new as it wasn't on the site when I looked last week.

Rolf

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well, I loaded them, I tried them and after 5 minutes the pc fell over. It seems to happen with 50 percent of the Pentamedia releases, I haven't been able to test it much further but it still doesn't seem to solve the problem with certain ABSAT channels showing in low frame rate.

Rolf

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
Hi Rolf :)

What do you mean "The PC Fell Over?"
It crashed? reset? Or were you pouring beer down it... :)
I may install the new driver but are you saying its not much better than the last one? Is the broken picture problem still there?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 02-Oct-01 AT 05:02 PM (GMT)]LOL, I promise the Beer was nowhere near it :)

The PC just stopped working, fell off it's perch, ceased to exist, popped it's clogs, pushed up daisies, took a powder, DOA, just like the Norwegian Blue :) . Well actually it tried to reset but without success, like the older drivers used to affect it, and yes the low frame rate problem is still there with the ABSAT packages.

Rolf