New Receiver

tiger747

Reaction score
I want to buy a new receiver, so which one u suggest me to buy.

thnx for suggestions.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
The one with the most features you can afford and will be able to use.

You should consider what you want from it...

1) How much to spend in total?
2) What channels do you need, what channels would you like?
3) Will it be a fixed dish or motorised (remember your budget)?
4) Do you want free channels or a card, CAM decoder box?
5) Are you going to fit it or pay an installer?
6) Can you use any of your present set up?
7) Search and read as much as you can, this will save you making the wrong decisions

Lastly have fun (this is the most important point)

tiger747

Reaction score
first thank u for ur reply.
second, i'm looking for receiver that costs between 200-250 dollars, and i want both kinds of channel fta and scrambled ones, ur 3rd question i didn't understand i'll be gratefull if u explain that to me, and i want a receiver which able to descramble channels.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
tiger747 said:
ur 3rd question i didn't understand

A fixed dish will receive the satellites at a fixed position. A motorised dish can move and receive several satellite positions and therefore more channels.

There are many receivers that do what you require. Some just need to be connected to thr Internet to download the required software. Others require a CAM (Conditional Access Module) and Card combination. The card/CAM will also need to be programmed using software available from the Internet.

Both require a bit of work on your part. Read the forums for different receivers and this will help you decide which one is for you. Then search the Internet for the best prices. If you need and installer then they may be able to supply the whole package.

tiger747

Reaction score
thnx for ur explanation.
so i choose the fixed dish.
i'v another question: what's the different between both softwares and how i can connect the receiver to the computer and upgrade it's software, and where i can find all of these softwares?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
tiger747 said:
what's the different between both softwares and how i can connect the receiver to the computer and upgrade it's software, and where i can find all of these softwares?

Software for receivers and cards/CAM is very similar. For the card/CAMs you programme with a programmer connected to the computer.

You can see a programmer/card and two CAMs here on this post...

http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=29462

Some receivers (like the DreamBox) let you link your box to your computer/Internet and control/upload programme the box that way.

It's a case of you pay your money and take your choice.

The software is available from many sites - check out the links on 'Nobby's Big Link List' forum.