Advice Needed New satelite system setup with Multiswitch and Unicable

clausdk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Building a new system
My Location
Aarhus, Denmark
Hi,

New here so, HI!! I was looking around for some answers regarding a new multiswitch unicable setup.
The setup is rather advanced so yeah. But let's try anyway.

I'm building a new IPTV server with the newer 8 tuner satelite card from Digital Devices called DD Max S8 with unicable support.

The card is fully compatible the Unicable Kathrein EXR 1981. But my questions is since it's not possible to mount a huge satelite dish if it is possible to use this satelite dish with the EXR 1981?:
Selfsat H21DQ Flachantenne Quattro LNB-Version | Technisat | Antennen | Digitale Sat-Receiver, Anlagen und Zubehör - hm-sat-shop.de

This is a picture of the setup want to make:

tegning af tv og parabol anlæg.png

Thanks,

Claus

Last edited:
A

archive10

The card is fully compatible the Unicable Kathrein EXR 1981. But my questions is since it's not possible to mount a huge satelite dish if it is possible to use this satelite dish with the EXR 1981?:
Hi Claus,

as discussed on the Danish forum, I think this set-up will probably work, EXCEPT that that the Digital Devices documentation does not reveal whether the card will support multi-sat selection through DiSEqC.
If it doesn't, you will only be able to tune to the first sat (Pos A in your diagram).

clausdk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Building a new system
My Location
Aarhus, Denmark
Hi st1

It says it has full DiSEeqC 2.0 Support. The last e-mail I got from Digital Devices they said the exr 1981 it should have full support for their card.
So crossing my fingers. Thanks for the feedback.

I'll make sure to post my experience in here.

A

archive10

It says it has full DiSEeqC 2.0 Support. The last e-mail I got from Digital Devices they said the exr 1981 it should have full support for their card.
So crossing my fingers. Thanks for the feedback.
Well that is good news indeed. I think your setup will probably work for you.
Good luck!

clausdk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Building a new system
My Location
Aarhus, Denmark
Thanks man.

Getting the EXR 1981 tomorrow. Can't wait....

And wow what a service from hm-shop... they send you a prepaid return label in the ORDER mail, if you want return it any of the items.... incredible service if you ask me.

clausdk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Building a new system
My Location
Aarhus, Denmark
Hello again,

I just want to report that the system works perfectly and I can see both satellites when using Simple A and Simple B DiSEeqC setting in the software and I have about 100 and 95 signal quality :)

Thanks for the help!!!

Kind regards,
Claus

A

archive10

Hello again,

I just want to report that the system works perfectly and I can see both satellites when using Simple A and Simple B DiSEeqC setting in the software and I have about 100 and 95 signal quality :)

Thanks for the help!!!

Kind regards,
Claus
Thanks for updating us.
This is the best way to share knowledge.
Well done! Especially in face of the doubting part of the danish forums!