Scottish Borders
Manyana :D

Theres always a video in the vhs :-rofl2

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
VHS? How quaint.;) :-lmao

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
VHS? Thought you were on Betamax...

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Anyone still running a V2000?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Analoguesat said:
Our new card arrive today. It took just 30 seonds to initialise, although the record function on the Sky+ box still doesnt work so its not a full pairing of the card to the box

I had to deal with a customer with two sky+ boxes and the new cards were sent in the same envelope.

First box, no problem, but the second one refused to accept the new card, even after a full reset, call back and then about 40 minutes being bounced between two departments of Sky. I was called out to try and resolve it after it was suggested there might be something wrong with the signal to the second box.

Now the customer has to wait another day for the old card to be paired up, before trying the procedure again, and put up with the messages.
Can't see it working myself as the old card has been fine for some two years.

Btw Sky has also turned off all its old phone numbers, but these remain within the OSG of the box, so you have to dial yet another (0844 something), and then go through a completely wasteful five minutes of options.

Of course they won't call you back even though the problem stems from the pairing and/or card changeover, so the customer now has a large phone bill, plus the callout/parking/congestion charge tagged onto my bill for travelling into London on Friday, without a satisfactory result.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Woke up yesterday to an on screen message, card was indeed in the post, arrived lunchtime, placed in sky box last night 5 seconds later all done and dusted.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Channel Hopper said:
I had to deal with a customer with two sky+ boxes and the new cards were sent in the same envelope.

First box, no problem, but the second one refused to accept the new card, even after a full reset, call back and then about 40 minutes being bounced between two departments of Sky. I was called out to try and resolve it after it was suggested there might be something wrong with the signal to the second box.

Now the customer has to wait another day for the old card to be paired up, before trying the procedure again, and put up with the messages.
Can't see it working myself as the old card has been fine for some two years.

Had similar problem, HD box paired fine, Sky+ multiroom wouldn't activate whatever I did, have left it for the customer to sort out as I only came to sort out the distribution system and the installation was direct with Sky.

puffin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 150 with an Inverto Black Ultra and a Pace 2600C1
My Location
Borlänge 200km WNW of Stockholm
Before I do something stupid I would like a little help from this forum:

I live in Sweden and used the Panasonic DSB 30 but changed it to the Pace 2600 when the software problem started. As I don't subscribe to any premium channels I never bothered to get the Sky card paired to the new box. Does anybody know if the new card I'm going to get will initialise in my "new" box?

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
I think not. Do you still have the old box ?

puffin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Zorba said:
I think not. Do you still have the old box ?

Yes I was thinking the same thought. It is 3 years ago since it was connected (and updated) last time. I could try and power it up again and try the new card in the Panny 30.

What software version is the current for the Panasonic? Forced download?

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
You could have a real problem now with the DSB30. I've read that if they are more than a couple of over-the-air updates out of date then they lock up permanently.

Mind you, you've got nothing to lose by connecting it up!

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Just do a couple of forced updates to see if it is still working and stick the card in anyway,because that is the box the card will be "looking" for.

puffin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
PaulR said:
You could have a real problem now with the DSB30. I've read that if they are more than a couple of over-the-air updates out of date then they lock up permanently.

Mind you, you've got nothing to lose by connecting it up!

Surprise - surprise. I connected the DSB 30, came on without problems. Did a forced download and both EPG and software updated.
The Panny has been a very good box until the new software 4 years ago started to freeze the box on weak channels. I think I will keep it as a backup solution if the Pace 2600 gives up. Both of them aren't exactly new anymore.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
my,blue one,with the yellow house,left me forever 2 days ago...
in the beginning,i got the massage wrong card inserted,only on some channels,like men&motors for e.g but not on the sky 1,since 2 days,all stop working..!

bitonw

Reaction score
Website
www.bit4net.com
My Satellite Setup
DM7000, DM500, 120cm dish 3 LNBs, Sky dish 1 LNB
My Location
West Sussex
i still have some where a 30 laying around in a dusty box since i only run my dreamboxes for years.

might need it when the new card arrives :confused

puffin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
bitonw said:
i still have some where a 30 laying around in a dusty box since i only run my dreamboxes for years.

might need it when the new card arrives :confused

Best of luck.
It turned out that I was only 2 updates out of date so the box started OK.

bitonw

Reaction score
Website
www.bit4net.com
My Satellite Setup
DM7000, DM500, 120cm dish 3 LNBs, Sky dish 1 LNB
My Location
West Sussex
i might have to run a temp cable to the sky dish as i have a 4 port switch... and those !"£$ skyboxes don't understand them :-rofl2

and that all for just to activate the card. U-zzz

puffin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Now that was a surprise!
My old card was paired to the Panasonic.
New card arrived in post relayed from my mother in law to our address in Sweden.
I powered up the old (and updated) Panasonic and was going to leave it on for 24
hours as stated by Sky. Put in the old blue card and got the information: "This is the wrong card for this Set top box".
Hm -What to do? OK Try the new white card in Panasonic: "This card is not authorized". Little worried now. Powered up the "new" Pace 2600 and put in the old blue card. Got an incomplete listing with no subscription channels. Restarted and got all channels again. Then thinking shall I or shan't I? OK put in the new white card and got at first the message: "Technical fault. Contact...." two seconds later: Initializing card and ... Now working :-)

Well: Apparently when you get the message that the card is in the post whatever box your card is in will then be paired with your viewingcard!