New software for the Passion HD

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
p_av120_20081022

For use with the Passion HD Receiver Only.

The EPG is now working.

If you leave EPG on for 10-20mins it will start to populate.
If you leave in stand-by over night, it will fully populate.

To turn 7 Day EPG On or Off, goto Menu -> Other Settings.

This is beta firmware. As always, use at own risk.

Thanks to Laurals.

Download from _http://laurals.net

Llew

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
p_av120_20081031
For use with the Passion Only.

1. added new freesat tp : 10964 H 22000
2. added info freesat epg menu :
1) [Info]+[Info]key : show current freesat epg
2)
/
key : up/down freesat epg in current channel
3) [Channel up]/[Channel Down]key : channel change
4) [Find]key : return to current now epg

This is beta software, awaiting testing over at sataid, where you can download the file. Will be obtainable from the Fortecstar site in due course no doubt when 'official'. Thanks to Laural.

Llew​

Briamb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FORTEC STAR
PASSION HD
My Location
HAMPSHIRE
Hi Llew thanks for the info The update is now available direct from the FortecStar website at _http://www.fortecstar.com with direct links to the correct download for Passion, Passion+ and Innovation
I have downloaded from the site and installed okay no problems Remember to reset to Factory setting after download A new FortecStar HD logo appears and the EPG works Also during factory reset the choice has changed to either UK CHANNELS OR ALL CHANNELS

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Yes, nice logo. I chose UK CHANNELS without saving my channel list :-doh2
Now I'm trying to reload an earlier list from my PC, but it fails half way through. I'll try another factory reset.

Llew

d_lock

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec star +passion hd
My Location
e sussex
Hi, I installed the new s/w patch p_av120_20081022 and did a reset, all looks ok except that I know can't get ITV HD, Its on the channel list, settings look ok, just now appears as a blank screen not even the ITV HD logo, and after a while the message no Audio or Video appears. Anyone else had this? It was working fine prior to this s/w patch tho I did have to manually tune it in.

Briamb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FORTEC STAR
PASSION HD
My Location
HAMPSHIRE
Hi
Not sure where you are downloading software from I always download from the Fortecstar website to my PC and then transfer to a memory stick to load the receiver The software downloads are different for all 3 systems so you must make sure the correct is selected If you go to Fortecstar website and see Whats New it gives details of the update for the 7 day program Guide click on More and that page has direct links for the correct download for each HD INNOVATION HD PASSION HD PASSION + I downloaded from there for my HD PASSION and had no problems.After download you must do a factory reset to enable the Channel Lists and new logo also the EPG

Ratchet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402(M2), TBS 6983, Sky+ HD, Stab USALS HH100, Faval 1M, Triax TD54, Hauppauge HD PVR
My Location
Falkirk
d_lock said:
Hi, I installed the new s/w patch p_av120_20081022 and did a reset, all looks ok except that I know can't get ITV HD, Its on the channel list, settings look ok, just now appears as a blank screen not even the ITV HD logo, and after a while the message no Audio or Video appears. Anyone else had this? It was working fine prior to this s/w patch tho I did have to manually tune it in.

ITV HD is currently off air and has been since yesterday afternoon. No box can receive it at the moment, not even an official Freesat box. Apparently they were meant to show the FA Cup football but it didn't materialise. The next scheduled broadcast is Britannia High tonight, will be interesting to see if it's switched back on by then.

Ratchet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402(M2), TBS 6983, Sky+ HD, Stab USALS HH100, Faval 1M, Triax TD54, Hauppauge HD PVR
My Location
Falkirk
ITV HD now back on air - currently showing X-Factor.