New Solus cards

GilesL

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
France
I understand that new Solus cards are now available for £23.50 for non Sky subscribers. I am a Sky subscriber living in France & wish to continue our sub. But I want to get a Solus card so we can watch the Beeb & the ITV channels in peace while the kids enjoy Sponge Bob et al on Sky in their room. We fell we are paying enough to Sky already & would be happy with the Freeview channels so don't want to pay for another sub. I could ask another friend to call Sky & ask them for one of the new cards but if they don't have an old Solus card will they give them a new version? Also we live on the edge of the footprint so what size dish will we need? And can anyone recommend a cheapish Freeview type box?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
If you a second digibox there are some for sale in the for sale section on this site, or have I taken you up wrong. Also it would depend where you are in France for dish size. You say you have sky so you mush know how big your dish is. As for FREEVIEW that is something else, and more then likely you will not be able to receive this.

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
www.free2view.tv will supply a card for 23.50p to a new or cardless viewer,ask your uk friend to phone them on 0870 054 1800 and ask,and then post a reply to us...............thanks