New System

johnny_d_

Reaction score
i am going out tomorrow to purchase a motorised sat system, it will be my first one, i was looking at getting a technomate 5500ci, 3x0.6 lnbs, gemini dish and 4 switch for £269.00, like i say i am new to all this so does this system look good and is there anything else i need to purchase or you can recommend, i know i will have to get the irdeto cam and viaccess cam cards, someone said it would be best option to go with legit cams and official cards to start off with, is this right?, also my main question is how hard is it to install the system yourself? do you think a newbie could manage it or not? i have been quoted £200 to install it from several places what is the going rate?

please reply

thank you if you need to email me jdhamilton@blueyonder.co.uk

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I would personally be more inclined to go for a small motorised system, a bit more difficult to set up, but ultimately more flexible.

The receiver is a good one, but would perhaps suggest some sort of multicam rather than the two individuals.

johnny_d_

Reaction score
please help me with these questions

How Hard Is It To Install A Motorised System If Never Done It Before?

How Much Does It Usually Cost For It To Be Installed?

Whats Systems Do You Advise To Pick Up Hotbird and Viaccess Irdeto?

And would you recommend offial cams and cards to start off with or cams offering subscription to chans?

please help
based in westmidlands

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you have time on your hands and another pair of hands, then setting the system up yourself (with the help of the readme files) can be very rewarding. It can cost anything from £100 to £200 for a DiseqC motor installation, but you ought to have a og yourself first. :)

You need to have a read through some of the threads in the Digital Systems section, there are several regarding which system is best, perhaps going out and buying tomorrow may not be the best idea.