goldwingalan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500
1 mts dish offset with motor
genini 4.4 c-cam 2.9
My Location
Cyprus
I am new to sat receiver and need help can not find the idiot guide on the system have dreambox 500 and motorized dish getting sats. in North Cyprus but interested in learning more of the what it will do can someone point me in the right direction not on the internet just found wifi hotspot so dreambox not connected to internet

goldwingalan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500
genini 4.4 c-cam 2.9
My Location
Cyprus
thanks for the info of where to go will have to spend sometime now reading these
and see what this dreambox will do

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
goldwingalan said:
I am new to sat receiver and need help can not find the idiot guide on the system have dreambox 500 and motorized dish getting sats. in North Cyprus but interested in learning more of the what it will do can someone point me in the right direction not on the internet just found wifi hotspot so dreambox not connected to internet

To make the most out of this receiver, try to have an internet connection using a router.
This way you will be able to install all kind of necessary software directly from the box.
And you need a null modem cable to help you changing images.
What is your present image (firmware version)?
Check this from menu > Information > About
And the S/W version is at the buttom.

goldwingalan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500
genini 4.4 c-cam 2.9
My Location
Cyprus
I have a problem getting internet in North Cyprus as no phone line and the sat. internet can not get a fix on it from where my house is so I have to do it all manually .
running gemini and have null modem and have crossover cable have messed about flashing and with control center so hopefully will try and load some of the fixes into the dreambox still a learning curve for me thanks for the advice.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
You didn't say which Gemini version the box has.
You need to learn first of all how to install CAM emulations and which folders to "stick" it.
CCcam 2.0.5 is the best at the moment.
Somebody was kind enough to attach it as a file few days ago, so try to locate it and DL it from the forum.
I think that you can open with it the Nova Greek official smartcard (Irdeto).
I am assuming that you can pick up Hot Bird 13E, Amos 4W, Nilesat 7W and perhaps other satellites.
HB has a lot of interesting packages.
Enjoy. :)

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
If you use a Gemini image the easiest way to manually install an emu is to download the relevant file from i-have-a-dreambox.com

Then FTP the complete file (do not unzip it) into /tmp on your Dreambox and do a manual install from:

blue buttons > addons > manual install >

The Idiot's Guide shows you how to set up the communication setup and FTP.

goldwingalan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500
genini 4.4 c-cam 2.9
My Location
Cyprus
thanks again for the info using now gemini 4.2 put newcand 6.10 in from I-Have-a-dreambox.com, loaded everything into directories that I could find but box comes up with can't decode seems to be more station must have missed something out but it's working I am now getting cams
Sat receiving are from 42.0 east to 4.0 west getting weak signal on 19.2 have received channel M from Manchester a couple of time may need to change dish that a question will have to ask later on still learning the system .

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Good morning goldwingalan,
CCcam 2.0.5 is better. Try to install it.
If you run into any memory problem, delete all installed CAMs and try again.

goldwingalan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500
genini 4.4 c-cam 2.9
My Location
Cyprus
HI HB13dish sorry have not been on the net for a few day
loaded ccam2.7 from i-have-a-dreambox but can not find info on ccam on the idiots guid so donot know where to store the files and there location?
what is the nova smartcard that you say will work I said I was new to this sat stuff got the box in UK before coming out and had someone fit the dish over here but he could not help with config it
this is also the first time on a forum asking for help but there are a lot of people who have gone through the same problem setting up boxes as I am thanks for your time and help hopefully I can progress

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
goldwingalan said:
HI HB13dish sorry have not been on the net for a few day
loaded ccam2.7 from i-have-a-dreambox but can not find info on ccam on the idiots guid so donot know where to store the files and there location?
what is the nova smartcard that you say will work I said I was new to this sat stuff got the box in UK before coming out and had someone fit the dish over here but he could not help with config it
this is also the first time on a forum asking for help but there are a lot of people who have gone through the same problem setting up boxes as I am thanks for your time and help hopefully I can progress

What is the extension of the CCcam 2.7.0 file that you downloaded?
DON'T unzip it if it has the tar ball extension (something like *.tar.gz ?)
If it has the correct extension, then all you have to do is upload it to your box using an FTA application to the subfolder /tmp and then from the Blue Button > addons > Manual install select this file and it will be installed automatically so you don't need to worry about which file goes to where.
In the Idiot's guide, check the Index and look for a thread called "Where to Stick it". It is an old thread, but perhaps the CCcam is included there.

Nova smartcard is what Nova Greek Satellite is offering to Greece and Cypress as a satellite provider. Check with your local sat shop.
All the channels are on Hot Bird 13E.
_http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/nova.html

goldwingalan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500
genini 4.4 c-cam 2.9
My Location
Cyprus
Hi HB13dish
the ext. was a tar so put it in temp and manual install it everything install but no difference in the box will have a word regarding the nova card will try and tidy up the setting again reinstall everything again . what sat do you pick up from Israel I see you have a I.6 dish do I need a bigger one as 19.2 has problems some days with reception .
thanks for the advice

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
goldwingalan said:
Hi HB13dish
the ext. was a tar so put it in temp and manual install it everything install but no difference in the box will have a word regarding the nova card will try and tidy up the setting again reinstall everything again . what sat do you pick up from Israel I see you have a I.6 dish do I need a bigger one as 19.2 has problems some days with reception .
thanks for the advice

Hi goldwingalan,

I don't think that there is a need to reinstall since you have already Gemini 4.2
CCcam latest version is 2.7.0
My 1.6m is only for Hot Bird 13E. Astra 19.2E in our region is difficult to receive so if you get anything then you are lucky.
A bigger dish can make a big difference. If you can install a fixed 2.4m, you might get more channels. If you have space limitations, then at least 1.8m.
I am not sure what you are expecting from this box.
It is now ready to open official smartcards like Nova when you insert it in the card slot.
Anything else you would need to read a lot and then ask the right questions and we will try to help you.
Good Luck. :)

goldwingalan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500
genini 4.4 c-cam 2.9
My Location
Cyprus
Hi hb13dish
thanks for the advice will do some more reading. box is working fine now so I am lucky to get 19.2 on the setup I have
Will spend time playing around with it and trying to understand what more I can do with it

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
goldwingalan said:
Hi hb13dish
thanks for the advice will do some more reading. box is working fine now so I am lucky to get 19.2 on the setup I have
Will spend time playing around with it and trying to understand what more I can do with it

Hi goldwingalan,

Interesting about Astra 19.2E reception.
Can you please tell me which channels or providers from this satellite you are able to receive with your 1m dish?

Perhaps you might find these packages interesting:
http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/satellite-channel-packages
Good Luck :)

goldwingalan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500
genini 4.4 c-cam 2.9
My Location
Cyprus
Hi hb13dish
sorry have not been on the web for a bit getting a weak signal on 19.3 e but there seems to be some good programs if only I could sort out my box .
everything is working as you said got satanbundle getting alot of channel but not many english language ones at the moment but the system is working thanks need to study more to find out where I am going wrong and how to program myself
strong signals are from nilesat turksat here would like to sort out channels from the strong sat as I think possibly thats why I keep loosing program once I get them
but you have helped alot and thanks for your time

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
goldwingalan said:
Hi hb13dish
sorry have not been on the web for a bit getting a weak signal on 19.3 e but there seems to be some good programs if only I could sort out my box .
everything is working as you said got satanbundle getting alot of channel but not many english language ones at the moment but the system is working thanks need to study more to find out where I am going wrong and how to program myself
strong signals are from nilesat turksat here would like to sort out channels from the strong sat as I think possibly thats why I keep loosing program once I get them
but you have helped alot and thanks for your time

Hello goldwingalan,
I am very pleased that you got your system working.
You need to install CCcam 2.0.7 and Mgcamd 1.29 in order to view official smartcards like Nova or something else like adults subscription.
See our site sponsors websites:
http://www.satellites.co.uk/index.php?page=sponsors