New to the Sat game, Help/Advice needed with Hispasat and its channels

NiTeFlY

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky MiniDish (used as FTA)
SS2 DVB Card , 1m Dish , Hispasat 30oW
My Location
Teesside
Hi guys, Like the title says, I am new to the world of multi satellites and would like a bit of help with differning encryption methods.

At the moment I have my dish (1m) pointed to Hispasat @ 30o and am using ProgDVB along with an SS2 card.

I have "heard" that using Yankse and S2emu allows decryption of the channels on this Sat. HOWEVER, when I tried this for myself, I nothiced that there where a number of channels that where still showing up blank, namely Vid-on-demand , BBC Prime, and futebol and many others.
After searching this board, I am lead to understand that these channels use Nagra2 Encrytion.
Is it at all possible to use another plugin that will allow the reception of these services, or is Nagra2 currently closed ?

Sorry for posting if this has been answered before ...

TIA

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum NiTeFlY

I am sure if you do a search of the forum your answers will be there somewhere unfortunately I do not know them as I have never had an interest in Nagra I or II nor do I have a Sat PC card, but I am sure someone will jump in and help out

john22

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung Motorised COMAG sl55. Panosonic TUDSB 30 Sky box.
My Location
Ireland
Hi NITeFIY,
All the channels you listed are open on my Lidi FTV Rec. so I assume you should be able to open them on the set-up you you have. Sorry dont know anything about Yankse ect,
john22.

NiTeFlY

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Teesside
Hi guys, I have figured out that it is TV Cabo that is not being decrypted.
I have the latest softcam.key and this works with all other chans (ie Tequila). I have seen many keys for Cabo but they seem to be in a differnt format to that of softcam.key.

NiTeFlY

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Teesside
Update, Having looked through the softcam.key file and comparing the keys to those of working TV Cabo keys (Nagra2), there is nothing wrong with softcam.key.
This leads me to beleive that it is more a problem with S2EMU, I am using v1.18 and this works fine with all chans exept bbc prime etc (cabo) , but if i put s2emu higher or lower than this version, all chans stop working.

SO ..... what I now want to know is, what version of s2emu is the best to use to get all the chans ?

TIA (again)

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
Nitefly, you say at the moment your dish is pointing to hotbird does that mean your motorised ? (if yes please update your profile, it saves time for answers.
s2emu although good will not open every channel, if your unsure what encrption method is being used for channel click on plugins>S2emu>info it will tell you then
as for which version i use latest (at this time is 1.22) but my method of moving dish now is via vbox, if yours is via mibi you will have to search around for compatability, there is also dixie, but ive never used it so cannot comment, but you could try it then maybe s2emu1.22 will be okay

NiTeFlY

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Teesside
Hi bronking, Sorry for the misunderstanding in my profile, I forgot to update it since I installed the 1m dish :/

Anyhow, It is a static system, pointed only at hispasat.
I have put version 1.22 of the dll into the progdvd folder and at the moment (I have just woke up so am to tired to check them all atm) most of the cabo chans seem to e working (BBC Prime, vid-on-demand).

I will update you when i have woke up a bit more, but its it looking good.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP, IT IS MUCH APRESIATED.

hoppo

Reaction score
The keys didn't chnge for TV Cabo. They changed the PID's of some channels. You will probably be able to view fox & foxlife for example. I have an Illusion M3 & had to wait for an update (vectra 356A) for it to work. I tried searching on "add" for channels, but it made no difference:-doh!
Sooo, in conclusion, try to find a software update is all that i can suggest.
Try dvb-upload. com
Hoppo

NiTeFlY

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Teesside
Update: I have finaly got all the chans on Hispasat working.
I managed to use ProgDVB (latest) with S2EMU 1.22 and the latest .key file.

The only drawback I can see is, when selecting Cabo chans; ie.BBC Prime, I have to go to plugins>s2emu>info and then double click the second lot of numbers in the "system,ca-id,ecm,emm" section for it to actualy put a key in for that channel.

No biggie realy.

Thanks again guys for all your help.

coloureye

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2Cm dish, Motorized, TM1500CI+,dragon cam,SS2....
My Location
North england
NiTeFlY said:
Update: I have finaly got all the chans on Hispasat working.
I managed to use ProgDVB (latest) with S2EMU 1.22 and the latest .key file.

The only drawback I can see is, when selecting Cabo chans; ie.BBC Prime, I have to go to plugins>s2emu>info and then double click the second lot of numbers in the "system,ca-id,ecm,emm" section for it to actualy put a key in for that channel.

No biggie realy.

Thanks again guys for all your help.

1st i wanna say thanx for ur info.
I was in the same saturation like you, now finally work it out.

but do we really have to click plugin every time when we switch to those channels?:confused