jcinsa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technonate 1500+ci
90cm dish
HH2100 motor
My Location
Cornwall
I am just about to start to install my new motorised system, if there is any advice that can be given to save me time and frustration? it would be of great help. Two things I am not sure of, What is my azimuth? and which should I use. Diseq or USALS?

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
At the top of this section are about six "sticky threads" which cover how to install satellite dishes, read them. :-Cgrin

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
for quick ness of installing use usals and then tweak the dish etc later

it should give details for the motor elevation setting and dish elevation setting in the manual once you have got your cordinates from multimap etc

jcinsa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technonate 1500+ci
90cm dish
HH2100 motor
My Location
Cornwall
Thanks for the help. now how about azimuth?

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Smart lnb, 1m Gibby dish, Stab motor, TM5200D receiver, 57east to 61west. DTT from Sudbury. Virgin Media broadband.
My Location
So called capital of Suffolk, UK.
Hi
Go to Multimap, type in your postcode or town, underneath the map will be a list of your map locations includinfg your latitude and longitude.
If you are in Cornwall it may be best to set up on the satellite at 5 degrees west for your due south satellite instead of Thor, just a recommendation.
PR

jcinsa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technonate 1500+ci
90cm dish
HH2100 motor
My Location
Cornwall
Many thanks for the help, I have managed to get the dish up onto the wall
today, tomorrow I run the cable indoors to the receiver and then...who knows what will happen?:-googly

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Not ending up in A&E is the bonus - everything is plain sailing now (hopefully)

:-hny

Llew

jcinsa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technonate 1500+ci
90cm dish
HH2100 motor
My Location
Cornwall
After days of gales,dish is still up!!!! have wired the system up, switched on,
but I can only get blank blue screen on tv, no menu.
I have tried tuning tv to an ordinary channel and to the AV channel with no success, any thoughts???

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Is the stb unit brand new or 2nd hand off fleabay??? Also what have you wired to what? have you tried using a scart lead, more explanation required before people can help

jcinsa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technonate 1500+ci
90cm dish
HH2100 motor
My Location
Cornwall
Brand new set, have wired as on instructions, tv antenna to tv ant in,
rf out to tv, scart from bottom tv scart output on stb to tv av2 scart input.
Hope that this of help.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Initially just try from lnb using ct100 and f connector to the stb then scart to the tv, forget everything else you will overcomplicate things.

jcinsa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technonate 1500+ci
90cm dish
HH2100 motor
My Location
Cornwall
Have tried that, still blank blue screen
Could I have faulty stb?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
jcinsa said:
Could I have faulty stb?
I suspect at this time the lnb does not enter the equation. You should be able to get some sort of screen displayed I would have thought. Don't be offended by anything I may mention as obvioulsy on here we deal with complete novices all the way up to seasoned pro's so don't be insulted if I ask such as this......You are on the top scart on the back of the stb as the other is VCR loopthrough! and the stb is on the top f connector not the bottom one as that is loop out. You would not believe some of the problems people create for themselves, hence the term RTFM read the f****** manual

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
Change the scart lead on the back of the telly have the box on av1 instead of av2.. also select the relevant av on your remote control :|

jcinsa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technonate 1500+ci
90cm dish
HH2100 motor
My Location
Cornwall
Hi and many thanks for all your help and understanding. I admit it.....I am a
pillock !!!! I asked my local satellite vendor for his advise and he recoiled in horror to think that anyone of sane mind would attempt to install a motorised system...he certainly wouldn't try!!!! I came back home and sat down determined to ***** it. Then it came to me!!!!! when I turned on the Technomate the little red light came on and I thought " I wonder what will happen if I try pressing the standby button?" And guess what? it all started working ! I couldn't get a signal when I pointed the dish at 5 deg west, so I checked the alignment of the dish and adjusted the elevation and got a picture with 72 per cent signal quality!!! so much for experts.
I now have a working system with all satellites available and a good picture on them.
Now for my next question..........
I have, from top to bottom on my stack.
Technomate 1500
Sky digibox
combined vcr/dvd player (jvc hr-xv31)
Can I connect them all at the same time so that I can switch between Sky
and my Technomate without swapping cables?
As you can see from the above I am a complete thicko when it comes to technical things and any help is much appreciated.....Thanks once again for
all help

The Soulman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+/Grundig decoder. Technomate TMS1500 ci+/1 metre Gibertini Aluminium dish/Smart Titanium .02 LNB/Moteck SG-2100A,1.2 DiSEqC,USALS motor,all wired in Webro WF100 cable.
My Location
Blackburn,Lancashire,England
Amazing what you can do with a little determination and some helpful information,in my short time on here I've found the help/info on here to be invaluable :) :) maybe you aint quite so thick as you think!!! ,You've managed to do what some that I know (And that think they're clever/generally adept) would'nt ever have attempted,so award yourself a heafty pat on the back.:) :)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I second that, with determination patience and willpower you can acheive satisfying results well done.

I would have thought that if your TV has AV1 and AV2 you should have little difficulty in getting all of it working, you may just be short of a few spare fingers to operate all the remotes:-rofl2

jcinsa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technonate 1500+ci
90cm dish
HH2100 motor
My Location
Cornwall
Hi once again....At present,I have my rf aeriel into my digibox then out to the tv, A scart from digibox to vcr and a scart from vcr to tv and of course sky dish into digibox. My Technomate has dish in only, when I want to watch this I take the scart from vcr to tv out of the vcr and plug it into Technomate. This works ok.....BUT..... are you saying that I can put another scart from Technomate to AV 1 on the tv and not be able to record anything on the vcr?
or is there a way to get around this? Hope you understand my muddled thinking, but I am determined to beat this thing. Thanks

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Why not get a scart switching unit like one of these here

The truth is and I know from bitter experience that taking scart leads in and out of the sockets does not do them any good and eventually something gives