newbie advice

super azzuri

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
hello all. can u advise on what equipment would be best to cover the following conditions??

looking for ...

80cm - 1m dish (motorised)
HD receiver with 2 CAM Slots, ( 1 will be for Tivù Sat CAM, the other is spare, no use as yet)
based in newcastle area. south facing house, likely pick up from 5.0 east to 31.5 east.

thanks in advance for any help.

if it helps, looking at euro system for Football (Serie A, EPL), Italian TV, and as a fan of retro satellite TV.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If it were me, I'd go for a Penta 85 dish (performs close to a 1m, but looks smaller) A Technomate TM2600 Super motor, a set of 12" T&K brackets, an Inverto Black Ultra LNB and probably one of the Technomate range of receivers. Two or three of our supporting advertisers can help with that kit.

super azzuri

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
cheers for the advice, very helpful. friend suggested a Dreambox receiver, however heard can be troublesome and need to know a lot about sat TV before moving onto Dreambox. so would likely start with something small.
cheers

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Unless you have a love of extreme tinkering avaoid a dreambox to begin with. They are entusiasts receivers and you dont take one out of the box and get the best out of it in the first few months unless you have used one before.

The basic functions are simple enough, but the advanced functions can be tricky to get going.

However anyone who has taken the time to master a linux box wont go back to a "standard" receiver. I have a 7020 I bought a few years ago and its lovely, if a little past its best now.

super azzuri

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
cheers for the info, likely will post later with more questions once dish etc are closer to being purchased.