Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
trchnomate 6900 , 85cm dish dark motor
My Location
hull
Hi , I`m struggling setting up my dish

Penta square type 85 cm ,
Dark Motor , tehcnomate 6900.

Not sure how to work the angles out and the following issues.

My lattitude is 53.5
longitude 0.21.2

Does the Dish mount bracket fit on the Dark Motor arm exactly level with the angle of the arm eg equal to the downtube , or should it be at a slight angle ( as there are no angle markings on my dish brackets.if so how do i measure the angles

Also what angle should the Dark motor be at relevant to the mountin pole , do i put it to 53.5 , as i have heard you have to do some sort of equation to set it at a differant deg.

You also set the dish the face south when to dark motor is at 0 is that correct.

once this is done will everything be ok or is there something else i need to know.

many thanks

Hopefully i will get there in the end

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi have a read of the guides

A Detailed DiSEqC Motor Installation Set Up Guide HERE

Motor Installation 'Quick' Reference Guide also HERE

You set the motor scale to your latitude on the side of the motor marked 'Latitude'.

The small stubby pole would be at whatever angle it is, it is different for different makes of motor. At my location, the top is more forward than the bottom on a Stab 90, but on a Moteck it is the other way.

You start by sending the motor to Thor (0.8W) and then adjust the dish elevation bracket, and swivel the whole assembly around the pole for best signal on 11325H for example.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
jackalg1 said:
Hi , I`m struggling setting up my dish

Penta square type 85 cm ,
Dark Motor , tehcnomate 6900.

Not sure how to work the angles out and the following issues.

My lattitude is 53.5
longitude 0.21.2

Does the Dish mount bracket fit on the Dark Motor arm exactly level with the angle of the arm eg equal to the downtube or should it be at a slight angle ( as there are no angle markings on my dish brackets.if so how do i measure the angles ...NO ADJUST LATER WHEN YOU LOOK FOR THOR 1W,

Also what angle should the Dark motor be at relevant to the mountin pole , do i put it to 53.5 YES , as i have heard you have to do some sort of equation to set it at a differant deg NO.

You also set the dish the face (roughly) south when to dark motor is at 0 is that correct.

once this is done will everything be ok or is there something else i need to know.

many thanks

Hopefully i will get there in the end

Set the motor to 53.5 and tighten up

Set the dish on the motor arm- get it level/ even and tighten up.

Put the motor on the pole and tghten just enough to still move it round

Input your coords in the stb under USALS

Select Thor and BBCWORLD

The motor will move to 1w

Go to the dish and move the whole dish/motor assemly round and move the dish up/ down untul you get Thor.. and tighten up.

see guides

jackalg1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
hull
Just like to thank Pedro & Robbo , your replies where spot on and i`m fianally getting there with my setup.

Thanks Again:-worship

Gary

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Glad to hear it Gary.:)

jackalg1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
hull
Hi

I have set everything up ,used a needle meter and also a compass meter to set up Thor 11325 and try to get BBC ,

but nothing at all , the meter levels on my Technomate 6900 are showing in red of 95% and some in Blue / yellow

But the channel signal itself for the channel is only around 35%
and say `No Audio /Signal , This is the case for most of the channels , even against the Freeview channels already setup as default on the Technomate .

I am finding around 1100 channels on Thor ,But many have no signal Strength. Again this is still the case for all local channels on Astra ( Freeview ) also.

I have adjusted my dish a dozen times today, with the meters giving me the optimum signal, adjusting the meter level down to find the strongest point.

But still noting. can there be another problem why i have no signal strength ? .as i am also using a labgear amplifier which has helped slightly although it should not be needed when lnd power is on.

I do have a small question about lattitude / longitude

According to Multimap my Lat is

Lat: 53:47:53N (53.79797

And longitude

Lon: 0:21:21W (-0.35574)

So should it be set to lat - 53.5 and Lon - 00.2

the longitude is confusing as the receiver imput decimals are 00.0 ?

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi, just a few pointers:-

Get rid of the amplifier unless the cable run is greater than 30 to 40m, and use good quality cable like wf100 etc.

53:47:53N (53.79797

And longitude

Lon: 0:21:21W (-0.35574)

Put into your receiver 53.8 N and 0.36W

OR

53.8 and -0.36

Also you have probably found the wrong satellite. Take your TV outside, if not raining and tune into 11325H, use the receiver signal meter to tweak the dish position.

Robbo:)

jackalg1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
hull
Hi

What is an offset dish , eg ive got a Fraccaro Penta 85 Offset dish which is 22.1 deg offset .

What does this mean and how do you know that the LNB is correct for that dish . eg ive got an ***** Darkgold 0.1db lnb.

Also does the LNB have to be positioned in a certain way .? in the Holder.

Many thanks

Gary

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
On an offset dish the lnb is offset to one side which is normally orientated to the bottom when facing 0 degrees. as per picture

A prime focus dish is where the lnb is on a horizontal axis from the centre of the dish at right angles to the centre of the dish

Yes the amount of skew has to be set if a fixed dish or as mentioned zero skew for a motorised setup on your due south satellite

Attachments

• dish.jpg
    dish.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 20

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
jackalg1 said:
Hi

Also does the LNB have to be positioned in a certain way .? in the Holder.

Many thanks

Gary

On a motorised system, the LNb should be vertical or at zero skew setting when the motor is at zero.
EDIT: must learn to type faster.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
satelliteman said:
EDIT: must learn to type faster.

There's surely not somebody slower than me:-rofl2 (and stop calling me surely)