newbie-dreambox 500s

ngj31uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
basic freeview with espn and my computer is a duel core 2.6 ghz and 2 gig of ram and using windows vista
My Location
uk
first of all hi all i am getting a dm-500s in next few days in post could someone tell me if there is any need for a card programmer also i am after getting as many as possible english channels thank you

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Hello

Welcome to the forum ngj31uk

ngj31uk said:
first of all hi all i am getting a dm-500s in next few days in post could someone tell me if there is any need for a card programmer also i am after getting as many as possible english channels thank you

Using what method?
You cannot program cards anymore to get what you want those days are long gone

ngj31uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
basic freeview with espn and my computer is a duel core 2.6 ghz and 2 gig of ram and using windows vista
My Location
uk
its just that i have seen a usb card programmer that plugs direct into the dreambox what is the best band for me to have english channels ? astra

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
ngj31uk said:
its just that i have seen a usb card programmer that plugs direct into the dreambox what is the best band for me to have english channels ? astra

I am sorry I do not know what you mean by band, are you looking for freesat channels, sky channels, if either of those they will be found on the satellite cluster at 28.2/5 but you will struggle as you do not appear to have a dish and lnb. You mention Freeview which is terrestrial based, what is it you are attempting to achieve. Once you are clear in your mind what that objective is then have a good read of the appropriate part of the forum, there is loads of information available to read.

ngj31uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
sorry i meant freq and yes sky channels i am getting a 60cm dish with motor

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
A 60cm dish is all well and good, but will only get you the very strongest Satellites.

For general purpose use, something in the 80-90cm range would be much better. Scarcely more expensive, similar visual impact, yet far for practical.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You will need a Sky subscription card to watch Sky :D

ngj31uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
got my dreambox today not to sure how to tell if its fake or not its got holigram etc all black and black box not got a dish up at min so not sure if it will work do i send it back or save it?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Its a clone - 500's havent been made for over 2 years :D

ngj31uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
thank you made a claim to send it back where would be the cheapest and best place to buy a motorised setup to recieve english channels thank you

D

deleted

m8 you are confusing yourself let alone anybody willing to help you, you need to let people know what you are looking for, how much you can afford e.t.c e.t.c.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Most English Channels are on 28E ............ BSkyB, Freesat, as Topper pointed out some time ago

There are a few others scattered across the arc, and there are Sports Packages with English Language Audio.

But, as others have said, we aren't clear what it is you're actually after.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
ngj31uk said:
thank you made a claim to send it back where would be the cheapest and best place to buy a motorised setup to recieve english channels thank you

The best way to get English language channels is to invest in a Sky UK subscription.. However theres still a lot of decent stuff available in the clear on the 28E satellite cluster..

gerryl

Reaction score
Analoguesat said:
The best way to get English language channels is to invest in a Sky UK subscription.. However theres still a lot of decent stuff available in the clear on the 28E satellite cluster..

men and motors still clear...!...ngj31uk m8 yer going to need to do some readin to set the DM up if yer gettin a motor...would suggest get someone that knows to help!...cause the 500 is easy when ye know how...and a pain when ye don't...best luck