Newbie needs help

A

arraknid

I've been into satellite stuff for years now, but always with a box/decoder setup. Now I'm venturing into PC based systems and I'm getting a few problems. I've installed a Skystar2 card, ProgDVB with Yankse but am totally confused as far as softcams, keys, etc are concerned. Is there somewhere that I can find out what to do...or is there someone out there who'd be prepared to explain it. I checked out the 'Idiots Guide to installing ProgDVB', elsewhere on this forum, but didn't understand the reference to converting to a softcam file.

If anyone is interested, I bought the ss2 card from www.satland.de for €59. Having seen it offered for £59 I think I got a good deal. Got it in 3 days too. One problem is that the entire site is in german, so having an internet translator page open at the same time is a must. A bit of hassle, but worth it.

That's by the by, any help on my problem would be much appreciated.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Get the Fun to MD converter from the Utilities Download Section Then convert the Eeprom file from a 6 in 1 file. Then paste it where told in the guide, it should then work.

PS. If you are using WinXP or 2000, use MyTheatre, it's easier to set up.

A

arraknid

Thanx for that. Got it working now. I downloaded MyTheatre and I'll check it out. One more question...can my setup only use Softcam files? Some channels I want to watch are Crypto encoded which doesn't seem to included in the Fun 6-in-1 files. Also Satcrypt. Or am I expecting too much? Otherwise I'm well impressed for an outlay of less than £35!!