Newbie questions

jaystra

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate cip5500
1.8m Dish
My Location
Asia
Questions from an embarrasssed little newbie. I'm still on the steep part of the learning curve for satellite TV setups but I'm soaking up all the info I can lay my eyes on. I need a little advice on smart cards. There are lots of different cards out there. Which one or ones to get? Are they all the same or are they purpose built? Which one or ones would be most suitable here in Asia?

I recently just got a hold of a Dragon CAM. Still playing with it and learning what it can do. But I haven't got any cards to go in it yet. Some advice from the experienced would be appreciated.

Thanks

eghamhigh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar 808 2CI
Matrix Reloaded Cam
Fixed dish 13E
My Location
Surrey/Berks Border
Hi jaystra

I have a Matrix Reloaded CAM that I am quite happy with as it often clears most of the channels that I want to watch eg TPS, MULT*VISION on 13E. I haven't bought any cards and I just load new software versions to update the codes when the channels go black.

Alot of people think that the dragon cam is better from a support point of view.

I think that you can use the DRAGON providing you have the right update tools (I think this may be a loader card). You do not need any cards to clear quite alot of channels. Here is a link to the forum where the dragon discussions take place.

http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=81