Newbie Very Confused :{

pigboy306

Reaction score
:confused
H i have a Pinncale PCTV CI card, i brought this with the (mistaken ) view i could watch SKY using my viewing card and a CAM. I now know i cannot get a CAM to watch SKY. Is there anyway i can watch SKY with my viewing card...

An idiots guide would be very helpful!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No, afraid you cannot watch Sky UK without a valid subscription card and a Sky Digibox.

pigboy306

Reaction score
What channels can i receive with a PCTV Sat CI card then? If i use a CAM will i be able watch any other TV Channels, if so which CAM would you recommend which channels will i be able to watch....

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I don't know exactly what card you have, but if it's a PCI satellite card, then it's likely to be able to view many TV channels. There are hundreds and hundreds of free TV channels broadcast to Europe, and many more encrypted ones. It is possible with some satellite cards and some software to be able to view many of those as well.

There are several 'popular' satellites above us, although a non-motorised dish can only point to three or four at a time (maximum, if modified), a standard sky dish won't be up to much. Maybe three or four of the more powerful ones if you're lucky, and only one at a time. It's not big enough for anything else.

Have a look at www.lyngsat.com to find out what's available.

Jaffer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung A300W with component output
Hotbird & Astra2
My Location
South East England
Pinncale PCTV CI card is similar to Skystar1. If you read the threads SS1 & SS2 you will learn a lot. The CI slot in your card helps to you use most of official cards but not Sky(Videoguard).