Newcamd 5.28 and S*Y...

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
I know, I know, there are stickies, and a 13 page thread all about this, and trust me I have read it all several times, so I wouldn't be asking if I hadn't been trying this for days on end! Simply put, I can get my card to run fine using the betad method in newcamd 6.1 and in a Dragon cam on Gemini in my 7020s box.

I would however like to use the 5.28 and modified cardserver file method. I have the needed files. I have tried inputting with examples shown here, and elsewhere, but nothing. Tried lots of little modifications to config files, reflasing, removal of old emu files, keys etc, CHMOD all correct, and everything else. Think I had it running once, maybe, but I was fiddling, and promptly lost it.

Anyway, could someone who is using Gemini and is currently got this method working pls help out. Perhaps over PM so things dont have to be rehashed out here...I have questions over which emu to download in Gemini, 5.28 with cardspider or betad?

Butterbox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000s serving 4 500s. 2 fixed dishes + 1 motor.
Dragon 4.1
My Location
Mayo, Ireland
Have you selected and saved CI as default EMU before telnet and running ./cardserver.dream in the var/bin directory.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
I had to start with a complete new gemeni image and I used ultra edit to edit the file. After I spent hours on it.
So reload a new gemeni image in flash or multiboot. Download newcamd 6.01.The files are in it. You dont have to ftp them in.
Then download a programme Ultra edit to edit the file. Chmod to 755. reboot and it worked for me. Dont forget to download the keys as well.

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Cheers guys, a few tips there. I did download ultra edit, but I never had a problem previously with just using word pad, but I guess I will give it a go. Did try a reflash, as I have just move to Gemini 2.20. Didn't try setting CI to default first before adding the modified cardserver file. A few things there for me to play with.

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
I finally got it! Holy moses, never thought it would happen! Re-flash, using ultra-edit, updated modififed card server file with CI chosen as default, once file update, new configs uploaded, a quick reset of newcamd and it's a go! Unbelievable! A royal pain, but got there in the end!

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
yazooo said:
I finally got it! Holy moses, never thought it would happen! Re-flash, using ultra-edit, updated modififed card server file with CI chosen as default, once file update, new configs uploaded, a quick reset of newcamd and it's a go! Unbelievable! A royal pain, but got there in the end!

Well done. Which cam did you do, 5.28 or 6.1

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
5.28 in the end. Not gonna fiddle with it for a while, it took me so long to get it right. Internal CS works fine, but not too bothered about that. Wish I knew exactly what it was, but I am not gonna try and find out!

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
yazooo said:
5.28 in the end. Not gonna fiddle with it for a while, it took me so long to get it right. Internal CS works fine, but not too bothered about that. Wish I knew exactly what it was, but I am not gonna try and find out!

Might get into that myself soon.

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Gimme a bell when you do if you run into any problems, it all installed reasonably simple in the end, following a strict order of things!

bubble69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox
multiboot
newcamd 6.01
120hdd
My Location
uk
@yazzoo pls can you help me with newcamd card server...pls contact me

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Have seen info that 6.02 is out - anyone confirm?

bubble69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox
multiboot
newcamd 6.01
120hdd
My Location
uk
i have downloaded it for my davinci image but it crashed my box so had to reflash a fresh image so not gonna attemp 6.02 just yet!!!

tallguy74

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
db7020
3 LNB (ast1/ast2/hotb)
c+ NL
SDT Davinci
My Location
nl
bubble69 said:
i have downloaded it for my davinci image but it crashed my box so had to reflash a fresh image so not gonna attemp 6.02 just yet!!!

If you run a cardserver for you're sky card, then you need newcamd 5.28. the new one's connect to the card server , but don't work.

Also , running newcs usualy works better then running the orig. cardserv.

If you nee dhelp setting it up, contact me at roelof@go-free.nl on MSN.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
bubble69 said:

Im using 6.01 with the cardserver file I saved from 5.28. Problems with recording as posted earlier. But that dont really bother me. Works on all premium stations no bother.

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
I have move to another CAM. I found newcamd 5.28 unstable and limited, and am happy now. Hopefully things finalised for me, too much fiddling!