Newcamd 6.01

john_graydon

john_graydon

Regular Member
Messages
2,219
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
#1
Newcamd 6.01 out now. Some problems sorted.
 
F

fad

Regular Member
Messages
28
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000-S B04500, 252MHz. DaVinci 109.1d Image 160GB, 64MB USB multiboot
My Location
East Anglia
#2
Hi there. Where do I find it and is there an install guide for idiots ;-)?

Thanks, fad.
 
john_graydon

john_graydon

Regular Member
Messages
2,219
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
#3
fad said:
Hi there. Where do I find it and is there an install guide for idiots ;-)?

Thanks, fad.
Can you not download it auto by blue button. If not there is a guide in the dreambox section. Version 5.25 I think but it still should work with 6.01
 
F

fad

Regular Member
Messages
28
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000-S B04500, 252MHz. DaVinci 109.1d Image 160GB, 64MB USB multiboot
My Location
East Anglia
#4
john_graydon said:
Can you not download it auto by blue button. If not there is a guide in the dreambox section. Version 5.25 I think but it still should work with 6.01
Hi there, have I got something done differently? Blue Button when in TV mode gives me the "default softCAM"/channel softcam window... No downloads or anything... If I press the green button, I can then get to Downloads and the under Softcams I can see a load of stuff inclouding newcamd v.5.28 but no 6.01...

Question: Do I need a CAM card in the pcmcia slot? I'll read through some guides on installing softcams etc..., really starting from ground zero here.

Cheers (Happy I got flash working and some new images on, progress ;-))

fad
 
john_graydon

john_graydon

Regular Member
Messages
2,219
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
#5
fad said:
Hi there, have I got something done differently? Blue Button when in TV mode gives me the "default softCAM"/channel softcam window... No downloads or anything... If I press the green button, I can then get to Downloads and the under Softcams I can see a load of stuff inclouding newcamd v.5.28 but no 6.01...

Question: Do I need a CAM card in the pcmcia slot? I'll read through some guides on installing softcams etc..., really starting from ground zero here.

Cheers (Happy I got flash working and some new images on, progress ;-))

fad
What image and model dreambox have you got. i know that there is no 6.01 on the 5620 image in the downloads on gemeni. I think if you get the 6.01 downloaded you can install it by the gemeni manager programme. it needs to be a tbz file or something cant remember whitch one. i will look up my files if you need to do it this way.
 
T_G

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Messages
6,651
Likes
215
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
#6
john_graydon said:
What image and model dreambox have you got. i know that there is no 6.01 on the 5620 image in the downloads on gemeni. I think if you get the 6.01 downloaded you can install it by the gemeni manager programme. it needs to be a tbz file or something cant remember whitch one. i will look up my files if you need to do it this way.

You are wrong, John...6.1 is in the blue panel...Installed it myself a couple of weeks ago.
 
F

fad

Regular Member
Messages
28
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000-S B04500, 252MHz. DaVinci 109.1d Image 160GB, 64MB USB multiboot
My Location
East Anglia
#7
T_G said:
You are wrong, John...6.1 is in the blue panel...Installed it myself a couple of weeks ago.
I have a dream 7000-s with 109.1 in flash and the following images on USB:
109.1d Da Vinci (lookscool)
Hydra 7000 Poseidon 1.08.2 (seemed to have more add-ons, but
it's 108.2 perhaps there is a 109??)
Gemini_210_DM7000_12072005.img (couldn't boot from this image)

I was trying the blue button on the Hydra
icon10.gif
. Just tried it on the Da Vinci and you are quite right, it's blue button->utilities->install add-ons->cams->6.01 and 6.01patched.
icon14.gif
thanks.

Installed the patched version. Is this the right one or the plain 6.01?

Questions (please!):
Will newcamd do nagravision? Looking to get TV Cabo / TV Globo, is there
a CAM that works best or will the smart card in one of the CI slots work
fine without need for a CAM in PCMCIA slot?
I read the how to update keys on newcamd section on the idiots guide but
didn't see anything on what files do what, only S*ca2 to var/keys and
keyli*t to var/scce; What about n*gra?? Or is it included in the
keyl*st?
Are there other config files for newcamd to above and what do they
do/where are they placed?
Dumb question for the day: How does SoftCam.key fit into all of this?

As far as I can see one, needs to associate a channel with a particular softcam, correct?

I appreciate your help, in this thread, PMs
icon12.gif
or even a pointer to a specific thread already covering some of this, I'm going through the ones that look relevant as we speak.

Thanks again.

fad
 
T_G

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Messages
6,651
Likes
215
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
#8
Hi
Listen< i don't know much about the Hydra, I haven't used any of theirs for a long time because the Gemini is so user friendly. Regarding the cams: it seems to me that newcamd 6.1 should do it for you, I don"t think there is a cam around that can do more. Also, you should be able to download everything you need through the blue panel. The stuff in the idiot guide refers to installing cams and keys manually, but nowadays most images have built in download facilities which make things easy.

If you do want to ftp stuff onto your box, see the link I have posted in the idiot guide links for getting the latest keys from IHAD site.
 
john_graydon

john_graydon

Regular Member
Messages
2,219
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,&amp; Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
#9
T_G said:
You are wrong, John...6.1 is in the blue panel...Installed it myself a couple of weeks ago.
Havent done anything with 5620 for a while yet, when the football starts I will upgrade it so. Last time I looked it wasnt there but that was ages ago.
5.28 still going strong with latest keys. I only upgraded for the S*y lark on the 7000. Sorry fad
 
john_graydon

john_graydon

Regular Member
Messages
2,219
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,&amp; Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
#10
fad said:
I have a dream 7000-s with 109.1 in flash and the following images on USB:
109.1d Da Vinci (lookscool)
Hydra 7000 Poseidon 1.08.2 (seemed to have more add-ons, but
it's 108.2 perhaps there is a 109??)
Gemini_210_DM7000_12072005.img (couldn't boot from this image)

I was trying the blue button on the Hydra
icon10.gif
. Just tried it on the Da Vinci and you are quite right, it's blue button->utilities->install add-ons->cams->6.01 and 6.01patched.
icon14.gif
thanks.

Installed the patched version. Is this the right one or the plain 6.01?

Questions (please!):
Will newcamd do nagravision? Looking to get TV Cabo / TV Globo, is there
a CAM that works best or will the smart card in one of the CI slots work
fine without need for a CAM in PCMCIA slot?
I read the how to update keys on newcamd section on the idiots guide but
didn't see anything on what files do what, only S*ca2 to var/keys and
keyli*t to var/scce; What about n*gra?? Or is it included in the
keyl*st?
Are there other config files for newcamd to above and what do they
do/where are they placed?
Dumb question for the day: How does SoftCam.key fit into all of this?

As far as I can see one, needs to associate a channel with a particular softcam, correct?

I appreciate your help, in this thread, PMs
icon12.gif
or even a pointer to a specific thread already covering some of this, I'm going through the ones that look relevant as we speak.

Thanks again.

fad
Newcamd 6.01 or patched will do you. Make it your default cam. You dont need any cams inserted into the dreambox now.
Next you need to insert a working set of keys (latest)
you need to ftp these into the dreambox from your computer and a ftp client ( I use Cute)to the folders Var & scce. It will tell you where to put them when you download the keys.
PM me if you need any more help.
 
john_graydon

john_graydon

Regular Member
Messages
2,219
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,&amp; Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
#11
Sorry T_G didnt see your reply. I just repeated you.
Havent looked at images for 56XX for ages as Gemeni is excellent.
Using Da Vinchi on the 7000 and its on a par with Gemeni. Wonder if there is a Da Vinchi for 56xx.
will have a scoot around.
 
F

fad

Regular Member
Messages
28
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000-S B04500, 252MHz. DaVinci 109.1d Image 160GB, 64MB USB multiboot
My Location
East Anglia
#12
john_graydon said:
Newcamd 6.01 or patched will do you. Make it your default cam. You dont need any cams inserted into the dreambox now.
Next you need to insert a working set of keys (latest)
you need to ftp these into the dreambox from your computer and a ftp client ( I use Cute)to the folders Var & scce. It will tell you where to put them when you download the keys.
PM me if you need any more help.
Thanks for all the replies folks. I'll give this a go tonight.

I have to say I like the look of the new images, specially Da Vinci and the Hydra - they really have moved one in the last 6 months.

fad
 
F

fad

Regular Member
Messages
28
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000-S B04500, 252MHz. DaVinci 109.1d Image 160GB, 64MB USB multiboot
My Location
East Anglia
#13
fad said:
Thanks for all the replies folks. I'll give this a go tonight.

I have to say I like the look of the new images, specially Da Vinci and the Hydra - they really have moved one in the last 6 months.

fad
Hi there, dunno if I needed to add you to my buddy list so can receive PMs in reply to mine - added you and T_G just now. I don't have anyone on the block/ignore list.

cheers, fad
 
F

fad

Regular Member
Messages
28
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000-S B04500, 252MHz. DaVinci 109.1d Image 160GB, 64MB USB multiboot
My Location
East Anglia
#14
john_graydon said:
Newcamd 6.01 or patched will do you. Make it your default cam. You dont need any cams inserted into the dreambox now.
Next you need to insert a working set of keys (latest)
you need to ftp these into the dreambox from your computer and a ftp client ( I use Cute)to the folders Var & scce. It will tell you where to put them when you download the keys.
PM me if you need any more help.
Okey dokey... downloaded and ready to ftp to var & scce - do they need to go into special subfolders, which files go where?

john_graydon, there's a PM waiting you with some details...

Thanks for the help.
 
T_G

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Messages
6,651
Likes
215
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
#15
fad said:
Okey dokey... downloaded and ready to ftp to var & scce - do they need to go into special subfolders, which files go where?

john_graydon, there's a PM waiting you with some details...

Thanks for the help.

If you download keys they usually are already in folders named same as the ones in the dreambox. So if you get, just as a sample, a key bundle file and unzip it, inside you will find two sub folders, for instance var/tuxbox/scce and inside are 10 files, just copy those 10 files to the directory called var/tuxbox/scce, and if there are other files in a directory called var/keys then the same.
Some key sites will not give you the keys with a lot of descriptions, they will persume that if they give you files for scce or plugins you would know where they should go to. Just play around a bit with an ftp and look at the various places. You could download keys and cams with one of the images, and then look it up to see what went where.
 
F

fad

Regular Member
Messages
28
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000-S B04500, 252MHz. DaVinci 109.1d Image 160GB, 64MB USB multiboot
My Location
East Anglia
#16
T_G said:
If you download keys they usually are already in folders named same as the ones in the dreambox. So if you get, just as a sample, a key bundle file and unzip it, inside you will find two sub folders, for instance var/tuxbox/scce and inside are 10 files, just copy those 10 files to the directory called var/tuxbox/scce, and if there are other files in a directory called var/keys then the same.
Some key sites will not give you the keys with a lot of descriptions, they will persume that if they give you files for scce or plugins you would know where they should go to. Just play around a bit with an ftp and look at the various places. You could download keys and cams with one of the images, and then look it up to see what went where.
icon10.gif
ooops a daisey. Just tallying up my list of idiot questions, soz... I opened the zips and also saw a previous post from john_graydon confirming what you say above, thanks.

OK, done that. chmod 755 (rwxr-xr-x) all the files. Had a play with a couple of Sp*rtan's 14-07-05 (a bit old, that's all I found??) and S*n_K*y_B*ndle 21_7_05 (only entries in newcamd folder).

However the latter one (s*n bu*dle) had several other sub-folders so I copied library files to /var/lib. Also had some other files like betad.dream... Where the hell do they go?
icon7.gif


Is there a rule for which types of files go where, e.g. .cfg in /var/tuxbox/config, .bin in/var/bin .keys in /var/keys?

T_G is there anything else required or simply install newcamd then copy files into k*ys and sc*e directories? Could do with a channel to test it on, fox on cabo 30w didn't seem to work...

cheers again.
 
T_G

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Messages
6,651
Likes
215
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
#17
OH man, this is difficult. I can tell you that what I use is an image where it is possible to download the cams and keys. Afterwards it is easy to update them using the sin keys for instance, as you only have to find the old ones.

So I am not sure with your image what goes where.

Why didn"t you try the Gemini image for starters?
 
john_graydon

john_graydon

Regular Member
Messages
2,219
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,&amp; Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
#18
T_G said:
OH man, this is difficult. I can tell you that what I use is an image where it is possible to download the cams and keys. Afterwards it is easy to update them using the sin keys for instance, as you only have to find the old ones.

So I am not sure with your image what goes where.

Why didn"t you try the Gemini image for starters?
He is sorted now T_G, can see sport tv & video on demand on 30w.
 
F

fad

Regular Member
Messages
28
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000-S B04500, 252MHz. DaVinci 109.1d Image 160GB, 64MB USB multiboot
My Location
East Anglia
#19
john_graydon said:
He is sorted now T_G, can see sport tv & video on demand on 30w.
icon11.gif
felt like pushing treacle up a tree, as they say.

thanks for the help guys.

(I think I downloaded an old version of gemini which didn't work with 109 first time...still davinci looks good. will give gemini a go)
 
T_G

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Messages
6,651
Likes
215
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
#20
OK, nice going. Well done!!
 
Top