Advice Needed Newish Sony TV and DiSEqC Control

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
This post reminds me I should have asked much earlier.

Is there a hidden menu in the KD series that allows steerable dishes to be used on the tuner ?

I've got a KD-49X here - Android powered - that is stuck with four positions only (and a right sod to programme anything but Astra 1 into the channel listings)

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Btw I've already checked the short/long service menus, some information in there but I'm not going to touch the paramters unless there is a definite on DiSEqC 1.2 capability

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
What is the maximum current rating for the satellite tuner input(s)? It may be possible to change the region of the television in the service menus, that may give more options (but also remove other Freeview functions).

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
What is the maximum current rating for the satellite tuner input(s)? It may be possible to change the region of the television in the service menus, that may give more options (but also remove other Freeview functions).
I set country/region to 'other', no change.

I did manage an update that removed the 'advertising' option in accepting all that Sony/Google asks when turning the TV on.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FreesatfromSky
Freesat [Humax HDR 1000S]
Fta(9E/13E/19E/28E) [Fixed Triax TD88]
1.1M motorised satellite dish [unbranded]
My Location
UK
I have an older KD-43X8305C,and can vaguely remember not being able to tune anything when connected to my motorised dish.
The options under the Diseqc setting is A/B/C/D and Toneburst A/Toneburst B or disabled
There may be a hidden menu but i never became aware of it
I did have my twin lnb (13E/19E) connected to the two tuners and that configuration certainly worked
You do have YouView disabled as that is the only way these Sony models seem to allow the satellite connection to be used,unless the newer models allow both

Last edited: