News Feeds from Ipswich

psbridge

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan Plaza 450 fitted with PVR, motorised 1 metre dish, Universal lnb.
My Location
Suffolk, UK
Has anyone found any newsfeeds from the media outside the Crown Court yet in Ipswich please?
Before my HDD failed on my computer, I used to log onto a web site reporting live feeds from all over the world, since building up all new information on the HDD, I've been unable to find this useful site again.
thanks,

Peter

colinp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m motorised qualitv decoder manhatten blind search decoder echostar 3600ip
My Location
glasgow
In all likelyhood they will be on intelsat 603 @20 west which is inclined or 16 east.intelsat 603 should be on the equator around 11am when you should either do a blind scan or check other sites such as satelliweb or satbenelux for feed parameters.I am just about to check 603 and if I get anything I will post again.Cheers

psbridge

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Suffolk, UK
Thanks very much indeed for the information. My dish unfortunately tends to move offline in windy weather, so I leave it parked sideways on days like yesterday! Looks calm enough today so will have a go when I return from the dentist!
Many thanks for your help

Peter

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Smart lnb, 1m Gibby dish, Stab motor, TM5200D receiver, 57east to 61west. DTT from Sudbury. Virgin Media broadband.
My Location
So called capital of Suffolk, UK.
I'd have thought that you would get enough info from the local EADT comicO-zzz
Parky.

psbridge

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Suffolk, UK
Couldn't agree more, we have to have the ES from the same stable! The actual news content of the feed is of little interest, I'm much more interested in the technical side, set-up, sound / vision checks etc. I would guess that they are encrypted, I've had no luck at all!

Cheers

Peter

colinp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m motorised qualitv decoder manhatten blind search decoder echostar 3600ip
My Location
glasgow
Try atlantic bird 3 5 west as it was posted yesterday that sky uki 511 was somewhwere for a feed.

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Smart lnb, 1m Gibby dish, Stab motor, TM5200D receiver, 57east to 61west. DTT from Sudbury. Virgin Media broadband.
My Location
Hi psbridge
You could take a drive down to Staples then wander across to Crown Court and have a chat with the chaps in the O/B vans:).
BTW did you ever get your motor/dish pointing problems sorted? I remember that you were making enquiries about installers last year.
Parky.

psbridge

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Suffolk, UK
Park Royal said:
Hi psbridge
You could take a drive down to Staples then wander across to Crown Court and have a chat with the chaps in the O/B vans:).
BTW did you ever get your motor/dish pointing problems sorted? I remember that you were making enquiries about installers last year.
Parky.
Managed to get the guy from Woodbridge area eventually, he replaced actuator arm, but brought the wrong size! It does work with this arm, but it has cut out a couple of sats W because the motor would hit the building wall! He did point out that he thought the real fault was that the whole assembly twists around the mounting spidle in high winds, he tightened as much as he dared. At the 1st strong wind after the repair, we were back to square one again! The other half was not too please at spending well over £200 on a failed solution,and because of planning regs at that time, Sky was hooked onto the main dish.
I have cured that bit now, but at an unexpected cost! I upgraded to Sky+, they agreed no charges for the mini dish as they didn't have to supply one originally. However, some manager at Sky has added £80 on to the bill for this extra work and they refuse to discuss it. So I'm not doing too well on that score!

cheers for now

Peter

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sorry to hear about your tales of woe, hope you get your murder trial feeds.
Parky.

S

satsid

psbridge said:
Has anyone found any newsfeeds from the media outside the Crown Court yet in Ipswich please?
Before my HDD failed on my computer, I used to log onto a web site reporting live feeds from all over the world, since building up all new information on the HDD, I've been unable to find this useful site again.
thanks,

Peter

Hi m8 try 12 west for the bbc news feeds;) some are in 4.2.2 others fta.This will be the sort of thing your looking for;)