Nicossia reception

mesaka

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi

I'm moving to Nicossia from Germany for 6 months. I'm trying to decide whether its more cost effective to go with a slingbox / internet solution and leave my current installation in Germany or to move all my kit and install a dish (4m?) when I find somewhere to live in Nicossia. Can anyone tell me, roughly, the likely installation costs of a suitable dish (including the dish purchase) so I can decide which route to take?

Thanks

geoffreys

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 2.4m dish, Invacom 0.2dB LNB (single), Pace 430N
My Location
Famagusta District, Cyprus
mesaka said:
Hi

I'm moving to Nicossia from Germany for 6 months. I'm trying to decide whether its more cost effective to go with a slingbox / internet solution and leave my current installation in Germany or to move all my kit and install a dish (4m?) when I find somewhere to live in Nicossia. Can anyone tell me, roughly, the likely installation costs of a suitable dish (including the dish purchase) so I can decide which route to take?

Thanks

For just 6 months I wouldn't bother with either, as both are very expensive in the Republic of Cyprus.

mesaka

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks - I already have a slingbox so I suspect this is the route I will take but it still would be good to know costs as I might (although it would be pushing it) be able to persuade my employer to pay for the dish and installation as part of my moving costs ;)

goldman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
i have a dream box 7000s
My Location
tunisia
you to receive astra satellites and german channels like zdf ard rtl sat1 a 1.20 dish enable you to do that

mesaka

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I actually want to watch the British TV channels so I think, especially for Astra 2d I would need a bigger satellite dish?