nile sat and other mid east on sky

haych26

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky + Uk.
My Location
England
hi all, i am new to this forum and basically trying to find out how i can get middle east tv in the uk. i am looking to get nile sat and any other egyptian tv channels. Also others from the region if possible. can this be done on my current dish?(sky +) i doubt it as i only get one channel. "Abu Dhabi" currently. can anyone advise which dish, decoder needs to be bought and the cost of installation? i am sure there are many companies who offer this service but am not sure where to start.

Thanks Hassan:)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Moved away from the astra 28.2 section, as you will not find what you want on that satellite.

Depends on where you are in england as to what sized dish you need for Nilesat, but a minimum is probably 1.2m.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi,

There are a few Egyption FTA channels on Horbird (13E) which you should be able to get on your Sky dish, if you swivel it round a bit. There are other Arabic type channels on there too.

_http://www.flysat.com/tv-eg.php

To get Nilesat in the UK needs at least a good 90cm or 1m dish for the vertical transpnders in fair weather, in the SE of UK, the horizontal transponders need a larger dish, min 1.5m I believe.

Robbo:)

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Also you could try arabsat 26e