Just Sharing This Nilesat 102 @ 7 west transponders moving to 201

Lebanese package (transponder 12130 V) left Nilesat 102, it is on Nilesat 201 now. Signal on this transponder is lower than on other 201 tps.
 
hi does anyone in the UK get NWA beam I tried today never got any transponders before but I received transponder 11661V at 46%P8160065.webp
 
thanks CJ solid lock at the moment
 
thanks martin do you get any other transponders from that beam
 
I am still doing test Pride and my dish is not fully aligned yet, ive not noted any more as yet but I will be doing test all over the arc once I am happy its tracking as it should, I will check in the coming weeks and report back.
 
thanks martin be interesting to see if you get any other transponders.
 
Pride, any luck on 36e Russian beam? Martin and Nelson are getting 12092 oop noorf.
 
hi CJ I had a quick look a while ago nothing here.
 
hi all I justed my dish the NWA beam transponder 11661V was 46% I now have it at 54% and I also get 10992V at 49%P8170066.webp
 
Nice catch pride :) ive just been tweaking myself but still cant get it right :(, my inclinometer should be with me this week and should make life easier.
 
Getting a solid lock now a few screens grabs.
DSCN9640.webp DSCN9641.webp DSCN9642.webp DSCN9643.webp

Some movement on the other TP now the satellite must have moved a bit further north :D .
DSCN9644.webp
 
hi martin that's good going considering you are up north,what signal you getting on transponder 11661V.
 
Hi pride I can lock it in at around 43% but the picture wont clear until I get 46% 48% solid lock as I was going to bed I was getting 53%the X2 box does not over exaggerate %, i am quite sure i have room for improvement, i am 4% down on my alignment TP at 1 W and now can only track 7W to 7E, you sure have to be on the button with this bigger dish, my inclometer should be with me Friday and should make life a little easier :).
 
Hi folks! If we, lets say, having on particular transponder 46% and after some time 54%..... what does that mean? Perhaps it means that signal is different depending on time of the day and also due to the different weather conditions. And, basically, it does not make any sense if we start to compare signal levels got at different time of the day, at different weather conditions, on different equipment and, even more- this equipment is tuned differently. And, yes, locations are also different! So, what is that all about?! I think we all miss good "calibration" of our system to not compare uncomparable things. I mean, what if all our systems would be brought to one test place, tuned to same satellite, at one time and then just try to compare test results... Sounds stupid does not it? OK, may be too much wine today, shutting up. :-doh
 
PS: % means nothing ... % of what ?
each receiver have different value for the same signal level.
only C/N, SNR, BER & MER are correct measurement value and important.

sorry but it's true.
 
I must agree % means nothing, i could swap to my TM6900 and i know for a fact that 53% will become 64 plus %. but i wont get any extra hard to get TP from the box.
 
Back
Top