nilesat 7w north midlands

GreenmanBelg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 x CM 1.2m matching C120 feedhorn and Invacom 0.3db twin output LNB.50 degrees East to 42 degrees West.1 x CM 1.2m AZ/EL mount matching C120 feedhorn and twin output Invacom 0.3db
Humax VACI 5300
Old Panasonic Digibox
with IRL $ky sub. Coship FTA
My Location
40kms NE of Antwerp,Belgium.
Thanks for that.

I asked that question on another thread so sorry to duplicate.

JD Belgium.

weeman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TECHNOMATE 9100 SUPER
My Location
BELFAST
i'm sure this should help u out m8

Information removed as it is inaccurate and a cut and paste from another site. Admin

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Welcome,

Nice cut and paste from the Al##t forum there.

Good info still anyway :)

riproaring

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
all new to this want to watch showtime on nilesat 7w looking for advice
My Location
england
hi guys got 2.4m channel master installed for showtime got all the verticals but no horizontals which showtime is on transponder 15 anybody help been on it for two days and its doing our heads in

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
riproaring said:
hi guys got 2.4m channel master installed for showtime got all the verticals but no horizontals which showtime is on transponder 15 anybody help been on it for two days and its doing our heads in

what lnb are you using ?

on that size dish, you will be best to use the channel master feedhorn and an invacom c120 lnb

also what receiver are you using as you will need one with a good tuner in it

riproaring

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
england
the lnb is andrews feedhorn with inverto0.3db c120 lnb and the receiver is a technomate 5400+ any advice. the thing is it picks up loads of nilesat channels but nothing on transponder 15 the engineer fitting it cant a reading on his meter for it

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
riproaring said:

One would have thought a dish of that size should readily pull in Nilesat H TPs! Anyway, if the verticals are constant during the day, could you wait till about 10 PM and then check some of the H TPs especially 11996 and 11919. Generally, you are more likely to get best reception from about 9 PM through the night; thus, testing for signal (and any change in signal quality) may just be easier around then.

BoSSpak

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Orbitron MicroMesh 3.6m dish with chaparral polarotor,SMW X-LINE TYPE E LNB.Nokia Dbox1, DM500s.Drake ESR 2000XT + Echostar LT8700
My Location
East of England
For H transponders i would try 12303 H 27500 3/4 (TP 31) and tweak to maximize the signal, skew the lnb and then try the showtime transponders.

riproaring

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
england
the engineer has got a signal on his meter with a picture on the testing kit and a pass signal, when he connects it to the receiver we get no signal, tried 3 diffrent boxes and nowt anybody any ideas

BoSSpak

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Orbitron MicroMesh 3.6m dish with chaparral polarotor,SMW X-LINE TYPE E LNB.Nokia Dbox1, DM500s.Drake ESR 2000XT + Echostar LT8700
My Location
East of England
need more information

the engineer has got a signal on his meter with a picture on the testing kit

I take it he's connecting his meter at the dish end ie connects equipment directly to lnb.?

but where are you connecting the recievers, inside the house or outside near the dish?

riproaring

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
england
BoSSpak said:
need more information

I take it he's connecting his meter at the dish end ie connects equipment directly to lnb.?

but where are you connecting the recievers, inside the house or outside near the dish?

when he connects to the meter inside the house he gets it on a small screen but nothing from the reciever (s)

BoSSpak

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
East of England
when he connects to the meter inside the house he gets it on a small screen but nothing from the reciever (s)

Best to take reciever + telly outside.

Connect a short cable from lnb to reciever and see if you get a signal.

riproaring

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
england
the engineer thinks it is lnb is faulty cant pick up any horizontals any advice

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
can't you test the h's on 8w?... or turn the lnb 90 degrees....and swap the tp 15 to v in the stb to test that

NeroAer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky IRS & Hotbird
My Location
Staffordshire
I'm the engineer concerned on RR's dish, I use a Rover analyser and can get all the Vertical channels no trouble whatsoever, When I change frequencies on the meter it still comes up with the same listings as on the transponder settings, but in order to get a signal at all on that setting, I have to turn the lnb 45 degrees (move it from 6 to 9, Having never installed a 2.4m dish, but doing IRS systems the only conclusion I can now come to is that the LNB is faulty and not receiving the Horizontal channels whatsoever, we are definately on the right bird as we get all the listings for ShowCinema.

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
It could be a faulty lnb .. but you know by now that the H's are far harder than the verticals which you could get on half the size there

btw.. 45 degrees doesn't compute ...

try swapping the polarity in the stb of 11919h to 11919v (a stronger H tp) and turn the lnb 90 degrees that will tell you if it is the lnb not switching to H..

BTW ... what numbers on the tm do you get City 7s tp? (11862v)

NeroAer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky IRS & Hotbird
My Location
Staffordshire
Pedro, RR will have to tell you that As I'm not there now. We have spent all day there re-aligning, re-skewing etc etc, but with no luck whatsoever on the Horizontals. As you can see from the picture section on my site the cable run isn't very far either as the room it goes to is just to the right of the dish as you look at it. Website address Removed

NeroAer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky IRS & Hotbird
My Location
Staffordshire
Website removed Again and it's not too far from the room either (maybe 10 m in total) I'm not there now Pedro, but RR may be able to tell you

NeroAer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky IRS & Hotbird
My Location
Staffordshire
Pedro, when I say 45 degrees, I lined the dish up with the lnb pointing to 6pm, when I found that none of the Horizontal channels were working, I put my meter onto transponder 15 (11.996.00) and skewed the LNB until it was then in the 9pm position, As most of us know, we should have picked something up on there well before that before the Vertical channels started showing again, I use a Rover ST4. So assume everything is cushty, I lined up originally on T14 and got it no trouble whatsoever.