No Fox Movies?

GreenmanBelg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 x CM 1.2m matching C120 feedhorn and Invacom 0.3db twin output LNB.50 degrees East to 42 degrees West.1 x CM 1.2m AZ/EL mount matching C120 feedhorn and twin output Invacom 0.3db
Humax VACI 5300
Old Panasonic Digibox
with IRL $ky sub. Coship FTA
My Location
40kms NE of Antwerp,Belgium.
Had Fox Movies last night on Nile Sat 11766 H but nothing now, have I missed something? do you have Fox Movies at the moment?

Any views welcome.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
No, sadly not, as it is on a horizontal. Are you getting the other channels on that transponder still?

Could have been a channel move I suppose, that channel could be received on 26E at one point, until they moved it to a different footprint.

GreenmanBelg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 x CM 1.2m matching C120 feedhorn and Invacom 0.3db twin output LNB.50 degrees East to 42 degrees West.1 x CM 1.2m AZ/EL mount matching C120 feedhorn and twin output Invacom 0.3db
Humax VACI 5300
Old Panasonic Digibox
My Location
Robbo said:
No, sadly not, as it is on a horizontal. Are you getting the other channels on that transponder still?

No that transponder is dead in the water for me. I know Fox Series is coming on air tonight but that wouldn't explain the missing transponder.

Just doing a complete Nilesat search right now. Will let you know.

Did scan, no Fox Movies.

Its wait and see time.

GreenmanBelg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax VACI 5300
Old Panasonic Digibox
My Location
GreenmanBelg said:
Its wait and see time.

I see movement maybe all is not lost.

GreenmanBelg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax VACI 5300
Old Panasonic Digibox
My Location
Its back. Weather was fine today. Dose this sometimes happen? Very happy.

Mods feel free to delete the whole thread.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
I lose the weaker verticals in light rain here in the UK on my 1m,, so with the horizontals, it is expected I think.

GreenmanBelg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax VACI 5300
Old Panasonic Digibox
My Location
Robbo said:
I lose the weaker verticals in light rain here in the UK on my 1m,, so with the horizontals, it is expected I think.

Know what you mean.

But the weather was not so bad, now as I type weather not bad but they're just a pinch under the threshold. No probs as I don't watch TV till evening time when things improve.

Shorter days of daylight I wonder dose that effect transponder power?

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
Fox Movies & Fox Series are now on 53e- you should find it a lot easier .. if you have a clear eastern horizon that is... compared to Fox's Nilesat H or BADR6's Fox tp.

GreenmanBelg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax VACI 5300
Old Panasonic Digibox
My Location
pedro2000uk said:
Fox Movies & Fox Series are now on 53e- you should find it a lot easier .. if you have a clear eastern horizon that is... compared to Fox's Nilesat H or BADR6's Fox tp.

Hi Pedro,

Thanks for that but I'm about 2 degrees short of 53 east.

Are you getting it yourself?

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
Actually been far too busy and the dishes I have access to at the moment all have a sharp 45e to 45w cut off (but very well sheltered) until I put another temp dish up high just for the deep east/ west sats, but judging by the footprint on lyngsat it can't be that difficult... the quoted footprint actually comes into the UK and you should be OK there.

GreenmanBelg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax VACI 5300
Old Panasonic Digibox
My Location
pedro2000uk said:
Actually been far too busy and the dishes I have access to at the moment all have a sharp 45e to 45w cut off (but very well sheltered) until I put another temp dish up high just for the deep east/ west sats,

Would love to see some pics if you get a moment. Need to get another dish up but have run out of space beside the house, now to the garden but where???

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
GreenmanBelg said:
Would love to see some pics if you get a moment. Need to get another dish up but have run out of space beside the house, now to the garden but where???

You can have some pictures of rooftops that cut the horizon off on that property.

What we use are decent, solid tripods... add a post level on the vertical and you can set one up anywhere in minutes, even motorised takes 5 minutes ... and then hang some weight on it... might not be a solution for deep east / west sats though.. but really handy to experiment/test with anywhere in the grounds.

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
I checked 53e on the new house to see how bad it was as I knew instinctively the 45e cut off was quite severe here... We pull in 45e that strong it breaks the needle.. the Racing Tp is very strong here, perhaps one of the strongest on the arc... careful calculations show we clear our own roof line almost exactly at 45e (the dish is in the grounds).... just 8 degrees to the east at 53 east and it's a whopping 3m under the roof line so definitely the need for a highly tuned little'n up high just for the deep east/west sats. (got a property a couple of miles away that has incredibly deep east/ west access)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
If I recall, most of 53East is now on MPEG4 High Definition, so you may need more than just a dish refinement.

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
Most of 53e is listed as mpeg2 on lyng & fly sat CH....... except Fox Movies... missed that sucker tucked in at the bottom of lyngsat's list... mpeg4 sd ... but fox series looks like it's mpeg 2 ??...

The real problem with that is the higher compression in mpeg4 sd could also mean an even weaker signal than the general footprint of sd channels on the weaker S2 beam ... as well as needing an 'S2' box. Rupert really doesn't want you to get fox movies/series in the UK, it's all about knocking out MBC and then turning it off.

Anyone getting 53e's s2 beam on mpeg4 confirm it ?

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
I checked - one of the FOXes is in mpeg2, another in mpeg4, both are SD. But they are labeled as TEMP1 and TEMP2, so I don't expect their long time broadcast there.

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
Thanks BombedOne... & Merry Christmas ...

does the mpeg4 one have a lower signal or about the same there ..

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
L:70% Q:65%, According to my SkyStar 2 2.3i - on whole transponder.

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
Just occurred to me to check your position in Georgia in relationship to the s2 beam on 53e and you are much closer to the centre of the main footprint BombedOne...

JD's probably a few dbw better off too than the UK... ... probably mean too big a dish to put that high up.. hmmm