No signal at all when trying to setup diseqc 1.2 system!

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
The beeper will work with a 12V battery, connected where the receiver should go. Does it still scream at you then?

Oskare100

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Zehnder DR600 digital receiver, 90cm Amstrad dish and one MTI Blue Line 0,2db LNB.
My Location
Sweden
Hello,
Hmm... I'm not sure how to connect a battery to it? I've attached images of the sat beeper, and the menues in the receiver. Can you see any setting error?

Regards
Oskar

Attachments

• satbeeper.JPG
    satbeeper.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 20
  • satchannels.JPG
    satchannels.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 22
  • satmenu.JPG
    satmenu.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 23

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi I can two things that could possibly be wrong in your pictures.

In the middle picture you have 11834 Vertical polarisation.
The nearest tp to that on lyngsat.com is 11836 Horizontal
So you won't get much of a signal unless you change to Horizontal.

Not sure what the C/Ku band control options are, but you have a Ku band setup.

Also you can switch off the DiSEqC 1.2 and put it back to what it was before, since the motor is not there.

Is the beeper self powered? if not then it normally gets its supply up the coax from the receiver. It would just show though whether the receiver is making it squeal because of a fault, or it does it anyway.

Oskare100

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Zehnder DR600 digital receiver, 90cm Amstrad dish and one MTI Blue Line 0,2db LNB.
My Location
Sweden
Hello,
OK, well, I had just done a factory reset so the TP/frequencies weren't correct, I'm aware of that. I have not selected C/Ku band so I guess it it Ku band then since it has worked before. I've tried to switch of the DiSEqC 1.2 but I didn't get any signals then either. Unfortunately the beeper isn't self powered, it get's its power from the coax cable from the receiver so I couldn't check that.

I'll go and visit the local sat/tv shop now and see if they can help me. I doubt it since they don't do any installations but it's worth the time.

Thanks,
Oskar

Oskare100

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sweden
Hello,
I now know what the problem was. It was the motor. I bought a new LNB and connected it to the receiver directly. Everything worked perfectly. Then I added the motor and got no signal. Removed the motor again but still now signal. In other words, the motor destroyed the LNB...

Regards
Oskar

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
OOPS!

Well at least you know where the problem lies.