No signal on some Hotbird freqencies

Snowy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Aberdeenshire
All,

Nice to hear about Spice P coming to (or already at) T*S on Hotbird. Problem is, I can't get a signal on the given frequency, (10853 H 3/4). Otherwise, I get easily get most other things, including Multi-vis and the T*S channels.

I'm using a Force Frontier Toroidal 90cm dis looking at Astra1, Atra1, Hotbird, Sirrius and Thor, although the last two don't give me much pleaseure these days! I',m patient though.

:confused Please someone, give me a clue?

Thanks.

GbSat, Toroidal90, MR, OPOS, M11, Gold.

nobann

Reaction score
plz check sat coverage for your location - else check dish orientation

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
nobann said:
plz check sat coverage for your location - else check dish orientation

90cm is plenty big enough for Aberdeenshire. I dont have any problems with any Hottie frequencies on a battered old 80cm - and Im 100 miles / 200km south of his location. More likely that there is some local intereference getting into the system, or that the cable is damaged / suffering from water ingress somewhere.

Snowy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Aberdeenshire
Thanks guys. I know my dish should be OK and there are no trees in the way. Other reception seems alright. But I know that the connections to my LNBs should really have been properly taped up and perhaps they aren't quite good enough. I use 5 LNBs, 4 through a 4-way DisEq switch and a dual on a separate cable. It sounds like the small cable from my hotbird LNB to the switch may have water in it. Ill replace it and see what difference it makes.

moordown66

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have similar problems on a few Hotbird channels. One I never seem to be able to get it the one with the ABSat bouquet. Signal strength is 70-ish, but Picture quality is 10-12 which equals NO SIGNAL as far as my Technomate is concerned. Most others are fine. Any pointers?