++ No Signal! ++

mick2me

Reaction score
Website
www.nottstalgia.com
My Satellite Setup
'Fortec Star Passion' (& a dead SL65) One of them big Woks on the outside, and a thingy that moves it about a bit.
My Location
Nottingham
I havent used my Sat receiver (SL65) for some months, and have found that there is no signal?

I connected a different receiver (SL65/12) and cable, and still no signal.

And Damn!, I cant find the satfinder (satfinder-finder anyone?)

I dont think the dish has moved?

Do LNB's go down?

Might have to try another one.

Any advice?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Could be the LNB, possibly the dish has moved in the horizontal or vertical plane, also worth checking the connections. :)

mick2me

Reaction score
Website
www.nottstalgia.com
My Satellite Setup
'Fortec Star Passion' (& a dead SL65) One of them big Woks on the outside, and a thingy that moves it about a bit.
My Location
Nottingham
rolfw said:
Could be the LNB, possibly the dish has moved in the horizontal or vertical plane, also worth checking the connections. :)

Thank You

Yes connections seem fine.

Wont take long to swap the LNB, that I got with the SL65/12 kit.

Now where is that Sat Finder!

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
If you can't find the sat finder, a portable telly connected to the rf output of the receiver works a treat, using the receivers in-built meter. And you can check you are on the correct satellite at the same time.

Robbo:)

mick2me

Reaction score
Website
www.nottstalgia.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Nottingham
Thanks Robbo for that tip

Tried changing the cable, LNB, receiver, still no signal.

Looks like the dish has moved?

Off to work soon, give it a bash later.

Now wheres the spanners?

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Seeing how there were some pretty strong gusts last night, I would say it's the dish being blown out of alignment, but it's easy to rectify, just nudge it back and give the bolts a good tighten up (but if it's a plastic mount on the back of the dish, it'll probably not help for long as they come loose easily)... :)