Advice Needed Nokia 7650 Hard Reset

A

Archive7

Hi,
I have a very old Nokia mobile phone 7650.
I bought it at the time from Orange shop in Israel (Now they are no longer associated with Orange) and they must have locked it so that no other SIM card can be used.
I recently needed a light weight new mobile so I bought a Nokia 108 which weighs only 70gm with battery. Now I keep it in my shirt pocket and I don't need any fancy smart phone apps. Just simple phone+SMS
Anyway, the Nokia 7650 now doesn't work and it asks for the SIM card otherwise it will not let me go into the menus. It is just a useless piece of fancy electronics.
I tried to find ways to unlock it but after few attempts I probably locked it for ever.
Are there any shops that can do the unlocking for me at a reasonable price?
The mobile isn't worth much now, but I would like to play with it and learn few tricks as I have never had the chance to deal with mobiles till now, but first I must unlock it.
Has anybody managed to unlock their mobiles with or without the assistance of a professional shop and what is a normal fee to pay for such a service?

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
Can you not insert another Orange SIM or a SIM from a network that uses Orange?

How regulated are SIM cards in Israel? Here in the UK most petrol stations and corner shops sell them for 99p/£1 and you can just walk in and buy them, it's the same for Morocco in that you can walk into most shops and buy a SIM no questions asked, in Spain you need to register the SIM and show passport/ID when buying them and I'm sure France has some kind of regulation in place.

A

Archive7

I don't have another SIM card and I don't want to get in contact with the company.
The reason I want to do the hard reset is because right from the start all the menus were in Hebrew and I want to change them to English and the only way (I think) is by doing hard reset to factory defaults.
The sales person told at the time "sure no problem to change to English menus" and I had to fly to Amsterdam the next day on holiday and after I returned it was too late to exchange it.

The prices here are just too high but people love to talk and are willing to pay any price.
The post office sells two prepaid cards at outrageous prices and they are limited to 30 days but they don't say the cost of the call.
What really makes me mad is that most companies offer a monthly service for 40 NIS a month but after 12 months the cost is 90 NIS !!!
I need an "On the go" type of service but no company is offering that.

Any ideas how to unlock it please?

A

Archive4

You have probably already tried this, but worth a go. If not, I managed to get some Nokia unlocking software for 9.99 pounds a few years back, it did work!

Google

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Blimey, a Nokia 7650, I used to have one of those... :D

As for unlocking, if the Orange company over there did the same as over here, they dual-locked their phones, meaning they were not only Network-locked, they were also SIM-locked (so you had to use the SIM it came with), a right PITA to deal with, but if you're lucky, this site may help (used to use that a long time ago, not so much these days since I've become a 'droid person):

Code:
http://www.unlockme.co.uk/dct4free.html

No guarantees it'd work though...

A

Archive7

Thanks for advices.
Apparently they passed a law few years ago that makes it possible for a customer to request to unlock all restrictions.
I was at the mall yesterday where I bought the new Nokia 108 and before that I had a chat with the new Orange company (called Partner) and it didn't occur to me to ask him to unlock the old mobile.
Will try on Monday to go to shop near by and if they can't do it then then I will go to the mall especially.
I just want to use the gadget as a simple camera, not as a phone. It has other useful utilities this is why I am not going to throw it away just now.
BTW I have already tried the codes from the above website but no luck.

A

Archive7

I made a mistake in the model number in the thread title it should be 7650.
Can a kind admin correct it please? thanks

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I made a mistake in the model number in the thread title it should be 7650.
Can a kind admin correct it please? thanks

Can't see any problem myself ;)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
It's also national fish & chip day...

A

Archive4

OK they made both models, but I checked the 7650 from the body of the post, rather than the 6750 from the title.

upload_2016-6-3_20-11-6.jpeg

upload_2016-6-3_20-11-37.jpeg

Shall we start at the very beginning?

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Yummy. Do they still wrap the fish and chips in a newspaper or this has been stopped because of the ink poisoning?

Some places still use newspaper for the outer wrapping, but the inner is usually plain unprinted paper, or it's one of them annoying foam tray things that snaps in half if you're a little heavy with the fork...

A

Archive7

Some places still use newspaper for the outer wrapping, but the inner is usually plain unprinted paper, or it's one of them annoying foam tray things that snaps in half if you're a little heavy with the fork...
The fork was not invented in my time. Puts a new meaning to Fish Fingers?