Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I made a mistake in the model number in the thread title it should be 7650.
Can a kind admin correct it please? thanks

I'm only a humble Mod, but have done that for you

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
Give this a go NOKIA 7650 - How to Hard Reset my phone - HardReset.info

The second method is the one I've used in the past, you might need to go to make an emergency call to get the dial screen up to enter the code if you can't get past the code entry screen (they normally show an emergency call/sos button softkey/button)

A

Archive7

Give this a go NOKIA 7650 - How to Hard Reset my phone - HardReset.info

The second method is the one I've used in the past, you might need to go to make an emergency call to get the dial screen up to enter the code if you can't get past the code entry screen (they normally show an emergency call/sos button softkey/button)

Thanks.
Tried all the options but no luck.
Deleted all data manually.
The operator must have made a good job to lock everything so that they have full control.
Will try to get them to unlock everything next week.

A

Archive7

I went this morning to an Orange Shop and service center and asked to make the Nokia 7650 SIM Free.
They told me to leave the mobile with them and come back after an hour.
When I came back again, the guy from the lab said there is nothing he can do about it because the mobile is too old?
Excuse me? your company put a restriction on my phone when I bought it and now the law requires them to lift all restrictions at no charge and all they can say is that it is not possible to do that?
Then why all over the world they can do it and only in Israel it is not possible?
So he says "Your mobile is damaged".
That's it. I am going to change to different company, but they are all the same rubbish.
I considered a pre-paid card but it is too expensive here. Maybe I can order one from the UK or Germany and that works out cheaper for me?
Please let me know the cost of pre-paid cards and if they can be used overseas. Thanks.

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
Here in the UK we can get a prepaid SIM for 5.58 Israeli New Sheqel but you'd have a UK number, would suffer horrible roaming charges and it would cost callers a fortune to phone you

e.g. I was quoted the GBP equivalent of this when visiting Morocco with my UK SIM

make AND receive call
5.58 Israeli New Sheqel per minute
send sms text
2.79 Israeli New Sheqel per message
receive should be free
mobile data
27.92 Israeli New Sheqel per MB

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
So he says "Your mobile is damaged".

Which roughly translates to "I'm too lazy to do the job you've asked of me", gotta love phone shop staff, it's easy to unlock such things, but they think all phones these days should be flat and shiny...

A

Archive7

Here in the UK we can get a prepaid SIM for 5.58 Israeli New Sheqel but you'd have a UK number, would suffer horrible roaming charges and it would cost callers a fortune to phone you

e.g. I was quoted the GBP equivalent of this when visiting Morocco with my UK SIM

make AND receive call
5.58 Israeli New Sheqel per minute
send sms text
2.79 Israeli New Sheqel per message
receive should be free
mobile data
27.92 Israeli New Sheqel per MB
Thanks. Sounds too expensive.
I was offered a reasonable deal at the shop today and I was going to sign a new contract until the girl said there is a 99 NIS for upgrading.
This is was the last straw so I told her I will find another company instead.

A

Archive7

Which roughly translates to "I'm too lazy to do the job you've asked of me", gotta love phone shop staff, it's easy to unlock such things, but they think all phones these days should be flat and shiny...
Oh well I don't think he is lazy. His talent is needed to fix mobiles that are relatively new so why waste time on an old phone especially if they are obliged to do it for free?

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Oh well I don't think he is lazy. His talent is needed to fix mobiles that are relatively new so why waste time on an old phone especially if they are obliged to do it for free?
I think it's the fact it's an old handset, my betting is they don't have access to the equipment to unlock it now

[EDIT]
Just a thought, there might be some truth to him saying it's damaged, after entering the NCK code wrong a number of times (I think it's 10 wrong attempts) the phone goes into lockdown and stays permanently locked to the SIM/Network that was last used/locked on the phone
That's why he might be saying it's damaged because you entered wrong codes too many times
As far as I know there is no way to fix this without lifting chips and reflashing them (there is a way to shock blackberry handsets when this occurs but I think they're a one off)

A

Archive7

Just a little update on this.
I managed to get an upgrade without paying the cost of changing packages (it seems talking on the phone gets you results instead of a face to face meeting).
So now I have unlimited calls, unlimited SMS, 10GB internet, 100 minutes overseas calls to landlines, which is more than I can chew. All for ~8 pounds sterling (50 NIS/month).
I asked for a micro SIM to go into a Samsung Galaxy and after activation the old standard SIM stopped working.
So I put it in the Nokia 7650 and now it works without asking for a SIM.
Not the solution I wanted, but it is time to give up and move forward.
Thank you all for your help.