Nokia 9800s Receiver

dvmedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Orbital Motorised Dish, Fixed 65cm Fortec Dish on Astra 1, Fixed 45cm Minidish on Hotbird, Pace MSS500, TM-5600D CI USB Super, Nokia 9800s, Skystar USB 2, Grundig Sky Digibox, Manhattan Plaza XT-M
My Location
High Wycombe, Nr London, UK
Nokia 9800s - not used much, in good condition with remote (with batteries), instruction booklet and original box.

Looking for £25 cash on collection from High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire.

Delivery possible, but unsure what cost of postage would be - my guess would be at least an extra £10-£15 as it's a bit of a heavy old box (making delivery probably not worth it!)

It has a card reader and a CAM slot. It has an RS232 port, and I believe software can be upgraded? I believe it's DISEqC compatible, but you might want to check that out in advance.

Pretty good for FTA/maybe as a 'freesat' box for the bedroom or similar.

Attachments

• S8000881.jpg
    S8000881.jpg
    523.7 KB · Views: 72

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
They're pretty good boxes, upgrade it to software version MA 2.0 and it flies along!!! :)

Not had the chance to try out the CAM or card slots myself on my box, but as an FTA receiver, it's the bees knees, but on the large side for today's specs, but still useful no doubt... :)

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
2cvbloke said:
They're pretty good boxes, upgrade it to software version MA 2.0 and it flies along!!! :)

Not had the chance to try out the CAM or card slots myself on my box, but as an FTA receiver, it's the bees knees, but on the large side for today's specs, but still useful no doubt... :)

This is the best and unfortunately the last Nokia Media Master models.
Would be happy to have another one at this price, if it wasn't for the shipment cost to Israel and customs clearance.
Can you please check the shipment cost to Israel, Royal Mail Registered parcel maybe? I might find someone who would want to buy it.

Embedded CAM is for Viaccess works great and the CAM slot worked for all the dedicated CAMs (Viaccess, Seca, Irdeto), but not multicrypt like Magic CAM.

dvmedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Orbital Motorised Dish, Fixed 65cm Fortec Dish on Astra 1, Fixed 45cm Minidish on Hotbird, Pace MSS500, TM-5600D CI USB Super, Nokia 9800s, Skystar USB 2, Grundig Sky Digibox, Manhattan Plaza XT-M
My Location
I'll have a look into it for you mate :)

Edit: Parcelforce online seem to have quoted £150, which doesn't really make much sense.. so I'll go into a P.O tomorow and get it weighed and quoted for :)

Edit edit: really not sure this will be worth it.. Interlink express quote £77 based on a 2KG box going to Israel

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
dvmedia said:
I'll have a look into it for you mate :)

Edit: Parcelforce online seem to have quoted £150, which doesn't really make much sense.. so I'll go into a P.O tomorow and get it weighed and quoted for :)

Edit edit: really not sure this will be worth it.. Interlink express quote £77 based on a 2KG box going to Israel

Thank you for your trouble.:)
There has to be a cheaper method. I will try to have a look myself.
The parcel can take several weeks in transit, as there is no rush.
I remember the shipment of Dreambox 7000S was about 50 pounds, but that was few years back and was sent express.

Edit: Even with Parcel Force International Economy which can take 32-39 days, the cost is about 50 ponds.
As you said, it is not really worth it.

dvmedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Post Office said £63 was cheapest - and that's probably not trackable/signed for either

UPS quoted nigh n £250 :eek:

dvmedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Okay.. will accept £20 cash on collection.. anyone? :eek:

Crisbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Currently, Nokia 1800S with satscan, analogue receiver, Nokia 9800S, D box with DVB2000, 90cm solid offset dish, Panasonic tv with inbuilt freesat. Sky + HD (for the wife, mostly!)
My Location
South Coast, Hampshire
If it is still for sale I am interested and am quite willing to drive up and collect it.

please let me know. Crisbe.

dvmedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location

Crisbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Currently, Nokia 1800S with satscan, analogue receiver, Nokia 9800S, D box with DVB2000, 90cm solid offset dish, Panasonic tv with inbuilt freesat. Sky + HD (for the wife, mostly!)
My Location
South Coast, Hampshire
Just my luck. If anyone else out there has one kicking around that they want to part with I am interested.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Crisbe said:
Just my luck. If anyone else out there has one kicking around that they want to part with I am interested.

Yes, it is a good receiver. The best that Nokia built. Pity it was the last model they made for satellite.
You'd better start a new thread in the classified section, with the prefix Wanted.
This way you might get a better chance of reply.