Nokia MM9200 - few quastions.

danzig

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
???????
I finely updated my software on my nokia mm9200. the problem was my windows. it's working just on windows 98 (any idea why?) so first of all thank you all for your help.

second i want to know if it's better the dvb2000(which looks very old and old quality interface) is better then the recent nokia software.

i wans to know also if it is possible to see channels that i need to pay for?
i am asking it becouse i have a friend with a reciver (m-vision f-1000) that his software can breack the channels protection. (like mtv vh1 and more).

Thank You very much.

danzig

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
???????
another quastion, where can i find a recent channel list for HotBird?

danzig

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
???????
is it possible to add thouse channels to my mm9200 with transbox? i need a *.bin file for that no? does any one have this kind of file for hotbird? (using the nokia software)

mcruiser

Reaction score
Transbox is intended for firmware and bootlaoder. For channel data transfer, use a program like DVBEdit. Apart from channel editing, a lot more could be done with this program. You can find it at http://www.coolstf.com/dvbedit

danzig

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
???????
any idea why no program is working on windows 2000? just on 98?

mcruiser

Reaction score
Except Serial Downloader and Transbox, most other programs do work with Windows 2000 and XP. DVBEdit which I mentioned works fine on XP.

danzig

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
???????
mcruiser said:
Except Serial Downloader and Transbox, most other programs do work with Windows 2000 and XP. DVBEdit which I mentioned works fine on XP.
for me even dvbedit is not working on windows 2000.
is it just for dvb2000 or i can use it with the nokia software.
how can i chack if my com1 is working properly? mayb i need to open it on the bios? or it's opend without any bios changing..

mcruiser

Reaction score
I assumed you upgraded your box using the serial port (com1 or com2 on your PC). If this is the case then your com port should be okay.

DVBEdit is designed to work with DVB2000 only and it will not work with the Nokia firmware. It will certainly work on Windows 2000. One reason it may not work straight away could be a difference in serial communication settings on the Nokia and DVBEdit. You can check this on the Nokia by going to General Setup (Guide > 9 > A). Its best to set the speed to 38400. Keep pressing 6 until you get it. Save the settings and check on DVBEdit that you have chosen the correct com port and speed. After this see, if you can read the channel data from the Nokia.