Noob in need, Dreambox

2fast

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Xp, dreambox
My Location
UK
Hi guys,

I stream alot of asian tv over the internet so i can watch the football that isnt broadcast on uk tv/sky. I have been doing some research on the dream box series. The channels i usually watch online are ESPN ASIA,STARSPORTS ASIA,TRUE SPORTS ASIA amoungst a few others. Does anyone know if i can pick these up on Dreambox? And will they be encrypted? As i said im a first timer at this, so any help and advice would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks guys.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yes they are encrypted. Doesnt matter though - they are all broadcast on satellites covering Asia, and theres no way whatsoever to get them via satellite in the UK.

Carry On Streaming :D

splifi

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tech1500 and dreambox500s
My Location
uk n/w
you are well outside of the footprint(the area the sat aims at ie sly astra28e pionts at the uk)of any asia sats but you can get live football on premire i ve just watched everton v reading live the dreambox will open a lot more than any other sat box but they can be tricky for newbes the technomates will open a lot and are easy to use and cheaper and well suported

2fast

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Xp, dreambox
My Location
UK
Ok thanks guys, so what advantages would a Technomate Box give me? I already have sky, so could i get channels which you have to pay for on sky for free? I assume you would have to get encryption/hex keys off the net to unlock them? And how big is the footprint i could recieve data from, we talking european?

Thanks again.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Nope - theres no way to get sky subscription channels for free.

Its a case of you want = you pay

you dont want to pay = you do without.

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
the technomate these fdays won't get you too far, i used to also watch these channels a few years ago.

European channels show the same thing, you don't need to go looking for asian equivilent, plenty of foreign providers have the rights to all the sport.

You best getting a dreambox and look into it, technomate will be good for patching or using programed cards, but encryptions are upgrading and not much is available now. We kinda in a dry spell with the keys at the mo.

splifi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk n/w
the technomate opens tps ,premire, polsatplus a few others at the moment you can always get football live at 3pm and you can pick up a 1000s for around £65 which is a lot less then a dreambox500s which will cost you £130 and is a bugger to get your motor working on (just read round the forums about 500s and motors)but encryptions are changing to nagra3 and there is no crack for them yet no danger some one will crack it but when is any ones guess if you want a dreambox get a 7020s there a lot better than a 500s i wish i had spent more and got the 7020s, the dreambox opens channels with cams and cardsharing

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
splifi said:
i wish i had spent more

I wish you'd use the occasional point or comma or ANYTHING to make your sentence shorter, it makes it very difficult to read...:)

splifi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk n/w
sorry i thought this was an sat site not an English lesson.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
splifi said:
sorry i thought this was an sat site not an English lesson.

Not a nice thing to say.
Other members do take the trouble to type in proper English with punctuation so that other members, including you, can understand easily what they are trying to say.

splifi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk n/w
I agree with you HB13DISH i dont think its a nice thing to say when i am partially sighted i try my best but some stuck up git gose on his high horse about gramma do you treat all people with disability s this way on this site or am i the exception and secondly english is not my first language

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
None of knew about your sight problems, or that English isnt your first language though did we until you just posted?

Theres an awful lot of lazy folk just basically dont do any proper punctuation, and it makes it incredibly difficult to read their posts.

You have to remember the mods and admins read thousands of posts every week on all sorts of subjects, and occasionally we pick up on someone who is difficult to read for one reason or another..

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
splifi said:
I agree with you HB13DISH i dont think its a nice thing to say when i am partially sighted i try my best but some stuck up git gose on his high horse about gramma do you treat all people with disability s this way on this site or am i the exception and secondly english is not my first language

Look here mate, I don't care who you are and what your problem is. You come to this site, but can't be bothered to post your posts in such a way that makes it easy to read. You might be partially sighted, but that did not prevent you from using all the other letters on the keyboard, so I can't see what the problem is. It is clear to me that your problem is not related to sight, it is related to manners and attitude.

Regarding the "English not my first language": English is not many other users first or second language, but at least they try to do their best. Looking at your post, I can't see any problems you seem to know all the words just fine.

but some stuck up git gose on his high horse
And lastly, if you ever use that language and tone on another user, moderator or admin in this forum you will be banned, there are plenty of other sat forums to choose from where they might tolerate this - but not here.

2fast

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Xp, dreambox
My Location
UK
Anyway, back to my question.. lol.

So you guys obveously think Dreambox is the best way to go...

As you know, i want to pick up as many sports channels as possible. Which box would you recommend?

DM7020-SI
DM7025
DM600 PVR
DM500SI

From your personal experience, what percentage of the channels you can pick up are encrypted? And i assume you plug the box into your pc to upload the encryption keys?

Thanks again

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
2fast said:
Anyway, back to my question.. lol.

So you guys obveously think Dreambox is the best way to go...

As you know, i want to pick up as many sports channels as possible. Which box would you recommend?

DM7020-SI
DM7025
DM600 PVR
DM500SI

From your personal experience, what percentage of the channels you can pick up are encrypted? And i assume you plug the box into your pc to upload the encryption keys?

Thanks again

I have a 7000S and I am quite happy with it.
I guess today I would choose the DM7020-SI if I ever need to replace it.
Have a look at the specs. It should have USB interface which is very important to me.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
From my experience, all the dreamboxes are as good as it gets for viewing channels that are "opened". I don't think there are other receivers that can see more stuff. Even if some keys are puplished and maybe only a PC based receiver can view them, it is only a matter of hours and days before the very large Dreambox community sorts it out. I would guess that therre are more Dreambox forums than any other receiver forums around. So from that point of view, any dreambox is ok, get the best spec one you can afford.

Downside of Dreambox: As far as I know, the tuners of some dreambox models are not as sensitive as other receiver, but this is only a problem when you want to watch feeds. For normal channels this is ok.

I have been looking to buy a new receiver lately, and I was looking for an HD one. I can tell you that NONE of the available receivers has the functionality and ease of use of the Dreambox (I got a 5620). Either they don't do motors, or the files FTP is cumbersome, and so on.

So, unless you want to feed hunt or watch HD, go for dreambox and you won't be sorry

v9oly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500S & 7020s. Technomate 9100 & 1500. Force frontier fixed, Raven 90 fixed, Triax 90 motorised dish. Diablo & dragon cams.
My Location
South West
A friend of mine has just bought a DM600s for £200, although I agree it's a nice little receiver, I would say another £100 on top for a 7020 is money well spent IMHO.

Regards,
Ollie

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I've only used a 500s and 7020s - IMO the 7020 is worth the extra money. I've not tried a 600 (DM feel free to send one to me for review :D ) but it is the stability of the 7020 that is worth the money rather than the extra features, compare to the 500s.

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
v9oly said:
A friend of mine has just bought a DM600s for £200, although I agree it's a nice little receiver, I would say another £100 on top for a 7020 is money well spent IMHO.

I have a 7000, 7025 and a 600. As far as stability is concerned my 600 just works. Ok so you can't do multi boot different images using USB or CF but when you have a stable image you don't need to. I agree the 7020 is a nice box to play around with. If you want a nice small box with all the features of a 7020 except the removeable memory (USB or CF) and no RF output then the 600 is a great little box. Mine just sits they working all day long. The kids use it and I can't remember it ever locking up and needing powering down/up to wake it up again.

Until you have seen a 600 you can't appreciate how small it is. When I tell people it has a 120Gb drive it for recording they are just amazed.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I don't multiboot my 7020 (I've got a tiny 8gb USB but have "lost" it) but the 500s was **** for stability and reliability- I had to reboot it daily as it was forever locking up when changing satellites. If the 600 has the same reliabilty as a 7020 then it sounds like a good box (until reviewed.. cough, cough).