North London (Zone 2) - Moterised Dish Install

Rich-G

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
Hi,

Can someone quote me for a moterised dish install on a roof terrace. I have the dish already, along with cable, scaffold pole, lnb etc. Basically I'm wanting to connect this dish to the wall - previously I used it on a balcony with a drill free installation - but since moving flat I can no longer do this.

So I think the install will basically involve simply fitting some T+K brackets, and aligning the dish.

Another route would be a non-penatrating roof mount. I would prefer this option, but I don't have the mount or the slabs? If an installer could provide this as part of the quote that would be excellent.

Thanks,

Richard.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Which part of North London, and do you have permission from the landlord to drill holes ?

Rich-G

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
Hmm I replied a few hours ago but it didn't seem to go through... I'll redo it.

I'm in the zone 2, Islington / Camden area - I'll gladly be more precise via PM.

As for landlords permission... I haven't asked. Saying this upon moving in there were already four holes in the wall for a sky mini dish bracket. I have since had a sky engineer out to install sky and he has drilled a hole for the sky cable into the wall. So I don't think additional holes will be much of an issue.

The roof terrace is private and because its a roof no ladders are needed... very easy.

For my freestanding hotbird dish I have used one of those patio / window cables meaning I didn't need to drill. I want to now setup my moterised dish. For this I'm thinking of three different levels of install...

1) Merely someone to come round and install me a T+K bracket. I'd do it myself but I dont have a drill, spirit level, sat meter finder etc. With a T+K bracket installed I could probably align my motersied dish myself as I did this by hand last time without a meter, time consuming but I got there.
2) Someone to come and install a non-penetrating roof mount. I dont have one personally so I'd need this item included in the quote. I know they can be picked up for about £85 including del. I wouldn't know where to get the slabs from and don't have the tools to assemble it really. No drilling would be required but the main thing is the accuring of the roof mount, slabs etc and alignment of the moterised dish.
- An alternative to the non pen roof mount would be a pole mount drilled into 2+ paving slabs. I believe someone else on this forum runs an installation like this. Again something I could do myself if I could aquire the parts / drill etc but unfortunatly I dont have them.
3) Regardless of 1 and 2 I'd also be interested in one of those wave frontier dishes instead of moterised. The thing with this is I dont have the proper alignment kit, and don't really know much about Disceq switching etc.. This will certainly be a more involved installation for the installer.

My preferred route is the non-pen roof mount because no drilling would be required.

If anyone can quote on any of those solutions I'll gladly take a look.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Richard

Were your install issues resolved ?