Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500CI+
85cm motorised dish
Freeview
My Location
Nr Manchester, UK
It has all gone wrong :-(

The dish no longer moves and the signals have gone. TM1500 and Moteck SG2100 / 88cm dish) I've ascended the ladder and tried to move the thing manually (Using those little buttons). Nothing. Suggests no power up the cable. But why? Have done a factory reset to clear the machine of potentially dodgy software, nothing!

It was a frosty night last night in Lancashire, but surely that wouldn't finish my system off like this. It was working fine a couple of days ago. Any thoughts on what may have happened?

regards

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite=Motorized Triax 88cm&a DM800HD with 500gb hd.Vu+ Duo
My Location
Radcliffe
Have you tried the f connecters?I had a problem with mine,when the dish moved it pulled the cable out of the connecter:-ohmy

langtonbrow

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500CI+
85cm motorised dish
Freeview
My Location
Nr Manchester, UK
Thanks Oily. Not an F connecter problem. I left the dish in the same position (30 deg W) and having returned to it a few days later, nothing. There is sufficient play in the coax to cope with any movement, and the connectors are well covered by rubber sheathing.

Prior to that my Taquilla pictures were cutting out from time to time:mad:
I had just installed something from "another site". All downloaded fine.I hope I didnt screw up there.....

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
langtonbrow said:
Have done a factory reset to clear the machine of potentially dodgy software, nothing!

After factory reset go to "Satellite Set-up" have you reset the DiSEqC Switching setting as it might be reset to off, therefore the motor will not move. If you make any changes remember to "Save" by pressing the yellow button.
Next "Motorized Setting" and DiSEqC Motor is it switched off, if it is switch back to 1.2 or USALS. Press Exit and save any changes.

Try that and see how you go. :)

langtonbrow

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500CI+
85cm motorised dish
Freeview
My Location
Nr Manchester, UK
have set diseqc switch to off in satellite setup menu (ie direct to single lnb, not switched to other lnbs). in motorised menu, set to diseqc 1.2 as before. no joy. no channels.

have reloaded the original software, just in case. still nothing.

a motor wouldn't just die in that manner, would it? it is a moteck. I 've heard they are not so sturdy, but a 2 month life is unlikely, I would have thought.

how could I test my receiver? If i'd fried it, it would presumably not be in the current condition

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Try connecting the cable direct to the LNB, if you were pointing at a satellite, it should work.

If it doesn't then measure the voltage at the Motor end of the cable.

langtonbrow

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500CI+
85cm motorised dish
Freeview
My Location
Nr Manchester, UK
thanks rolfw.

need to get a multimeter from somewhere.

is the voltage across the inner to outer coax?

if the receiver is ok will there be a constant voltage, or just a voltage when the motor movement is applied?

i fear a new technomate may be just a short step away 'O'-red

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There will be a constant voltage, as it is needed to power the LNB, either 13+v or 18+ volts, depending on which polarity the receiver is set..

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Another Moteck Problem....Maybe we should have a dedicated section for this Motor. How about yours Rolf, did you ever have as many problems as some of our members are having. Or is it just a ratio thing, that moteck are so popular.

Terry Benge

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skymaster DSR95 Rotor and Skymaster DCI 9410 Receiver
My Location
Bremen Germany
Hello, I have a similar problem. My dish is stuck at the full west extremity and will not respond. There is 13v at the LNB/Motor and 18v when receiver says "moving dish". However, the dish does not move and the outout voltage stays high until I switch off the receiver. The receiver "Skymaster DCI 9410 has just been returned from the manufacturer so I assume the problem is with the motor Skymaster DSR 95.

Doesn't help but at least you are not alone. The first motor was replaced with this problem after 2 months.!!!

nomadplf

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FortecStar Lifetime Diamond DVB-S&T combo receiver
Moteck SG2100A with 80cm dish
0.6 universal LNB
My Location
Lancs UK 53.8N 2.99W
Hi I'm a newbie but have just been fitting this motor to my system, is the green LED lit on the motor, if its orange have you used the motor reset.

langtonbrow

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500CI+
85cm motorised dish
Freeview
My Location
Nr Manchester, UK
mus admit I've not checked any lights. When the rain stops I'll scale the roof and see what I can see.

thanks