Not often you see a 50 year old ITV endcap!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Just spotted this on a 1965 episode of The Avengers!

Currently showing daily on True Entertainment on 28E

avengers.jpg

abc.jpg

ABC ceased operations as far back as 1968!! (They became Thames through a complicated series of shenanigans after they lost their North & Midlands franchises in the 1968 franchising round)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
And good on True Ent for being brave enough to show B&W material at peak time on their channel

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
One of the french channels, on 19.2E, used to show the early, Black & White, Avengers episodes, and they were much better than anything currently available, on British television channels, not only entertaining, but actually stimulated the brain cells, even though some of them were a bit ridiculous, I still remember the one where cats were used to kill people and a big game hunter was brought in.
Nice find A/S

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
It's worth mentioning that the brains behind the Avengers, Brian Clemens, died a few days ago. I didn't know until then that he was related to Mark Twain whose real name, as we all know, was Samuel Langhorne Clemens.

RIP Brian.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
It's worth mentioning that the brains behind the Avengers, Brian Clemens, died a few days ago. I didn't know until then that he was related to Mark Twain whose real name, as we all know, was Samuel Langhorne Clemens.

RIP Brian.
Yes, R.I.P Brian. The guy seemed to write for British TV on an industrial scale. From the 50's to the 90's if I recall, many of the most popular cops'n'robbers series were his work.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I still remember the one where cats were used to kill people and a big game hunter was brought in.

Kitten-Kong.jpg

Graeme's specially formulated growth mixture, which he feeds to the kitten, causes Twinkle to grow to super-size proportions. Graeme keeps Twinkle inside to stop him from wandering, but Bill decides to let Twinkle out for the night. Graeme, speaking with desperation in his voice, says urgently: "Come on. We've got to find him and catch him before he eats someone he shouldn't." Tim comments: "Don't you mean something he shouldn't?", to which Graeme replies: "I know what I mean!"

During the following morning, Twinkle destroys St Paul's Cathedral and the Post Office Tower, as well as squashing Michael Aspel with his huge paw, and frightening sundry people and dogs.

bim

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax foxsat Thomson Tsr200 Pace 3100 Black pro quad dvbs2 80 and 100cm dishes
My Location
croatia Lat 45.3301 Lon 14.1822
We are watching the Avengers at the moment as it beats anything else we can receive at that time. I can remeber it when I was a sprog and allowed to stay up late to watch it and my Mum always moaning why does she wear that black leather stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
...The guy seemed to write for British TV on an industrial scale...
Indeed. He was not averse to recycling plots either. One of my favourite episodes, The House that Jack Built, got quite a bit of flack for being a copy of an earlier episode - can't remember or find out which though.

His other great creation has to be the Cybernauts of course.