Novice needs a little guidance

My Satellite Setup
Scientific Atlantic Power VU receiver/Pace digital receiver for VIASAT/90 CM Dish
My Location
Norway
Hello to everyone, I think the forum and the site is great and full of practical information. My question is as follows. I have 2 receivers which I use currently. Once is a pace box for reception of viasat channels and the other one is a Scientific Atlantice Power VU box which I use on Hotbird. I am interested in purchasing (if needed) a receiver capable of receiving the Greek NOVA package on Hotbird. I will use an official card but not sure what receiver is needed. Is it possible to use my Power VU receiver with an Irdeto II CAM and official NOVA card? I would appreciate any help! Thanks in advance for the support.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not sure if the powervu receiver will accept a conventional CAM, so you may need to buy another, possibly best to get one with embedded irdeto

My Satellite Setup
Scientific Atlantic Power VU receiver/Pace digital receiver for VIASAT/90 CM Dish
My Location
Norway
rolfw said:
Not sure if the powervu receiver will accept a conventional CAM, so you may need to buy another, possibly best to get one with embedded irdeto
Rolf,

Thanks for the reply:) So all I need to do is buy a receiver with an embedded irdeto cam, use the NOVA official card and I'll be good to go? Thanks in advance for the support. Nick

tesla

My Satellite Setup
?
My Location
Lost in the night
PowerVU receivers do not use CAM/Smartcard. The operator sends keys to directly to the receiver.

If you want to receive Nova you can either buy a receiver with irdeto2 embedded or a receiver with at least one CI slot and an irdeto2 cam.