Novice with problems. Save me from tearing out what little hair I have left !

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
If still possible, consider going for a Moteck SG 2100 A instead.

bobdisk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AB IPbox 9000HD & Humax Foxsat+ HD, and about to upgrade dish, dont know what for yet!
My Location
Near Heathrow, UK
Sounds to me like the soldered connections on the back of the socket on the motor have come unsoldered. If you waggle it about (gently) does it start and stop? Forgive this sugestion, but could you have been a bit rough with it? Sometimes these things are a bit fragile. Can you use a soldering iron? It is possible to open it up, and re-solder the socket and/or its connections.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yes, that is possible, but would invalidate the warranty, as he'd have to remove the warranty label to fix it. Not worth the effort if it's still under guarantee.:)

kitch45

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dark Box HD Rev 2008 Combo, Fortec Star Motorised Dish.
Desktop Home Made Computer
My Location
erith, kent
Hi,I'm getting a constant voltage through the cable so logically the motor should come to life. I've tested it with numerous runs of different cable/connectors and there's been no problem with the voltage.
The motor is about to be replaced by my supplier so hopefully that'll be the answer.
Going back to the LNB, there are, as somebody mentioned previously, the faintest of adjustment lines around the edge. Trouble is, they are barely perceptable and not where you expect to see them. For a newbie like me, you would assume that the connecting socket would go right at the bottom when trying to mount vertical. This of course, is going to throw it all out. Also, there is no literature with the item to advise you otherwise. Poor design, and very frustrating for installer.
Anyway, thank you all for your input, I'll keep you informed when/if I ever get the system finished.