Now motor install undecided triax asc fortec al*sat dishes

satpro

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD
My Location
UK
Time for me to install a motor set up in the garden but undecided what dish to go for here is the list of the dishes below i just can not make my mind up i need to do it soon because i was to get a 2 inch or 3 inch pole for the dish set in the ground tomorrow. If any one has used any of the dishes below i would wecome their feedback especially on the triax or al*sat dishes. I already have the channel master (ASC) dishes they was given to me a few weeks ago but if i use them i need to use a vbox and 1224.

ASC 1.0M with 1224 & vbox
ASC 1.2M withs 1224 & vbox
Triax 1.1m with diseqc mount
a*sat 1.1m with diseqc mount
fortec star 1.0m with diseqc mount

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
The first two options sounds good :)

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
I have a Triax TD110, and it works very well. I don't think its in the same league quality wise as a ASC signal 1.2M though.(never tried one)

I also have a 1.8m dish temporarily mounted on the Jaeger 1224,and I have to say that I'm very impressed with the motor as it is far quieter and more robust than any Diseqc motor I have ever seen. It will clamp onto a 2"diameter pole, but probably much more stable on a 3".

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
and still waiting for photos, lol... :-rofl2

Satpro, also depends on your budget.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
go for this

ASC 1.2M with 1224 & vbox

i have one setup on 3inch pole and love it over a diseqc system i had

you will have less issues with windy weather once you get it setup and aligned than a diseqc motor and dish

G

I have a TD110 with an H-H DiSEqC Motor on a Patio Mount and that seems perfectly robust and not overloaded. The pole is a 2" by 3ft Blakes, with a 10" base, bolted to a standard concrete slab.

It is reasonably sheltered though, which is a consideration if you use such a heavy Dish on a DiSEqC Motor - although they are supposed to handle "up to 1.2m" Dishes, weight needs to be considered as well as the wind exposure.

coloured pony

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FTA only , sl 65 comag,80cm motorised sited
1300Ft in highest village in Wales,next door to coed llandegla.
My Location
Bwlchgwyn,Wrexham County
Good Morning from the hills(cold,misty,gwynt)

I got myself prepared for a one meter triax dish,3 inch pole in the garden(old footpath sign pole from Wrexham County Council that my Council tax has paid for) anyhows angle grinded it in two,planted it
in concrete absolute plumb,its colour is green,so looks like a tree,
I have at the moment an 80cm comag dish,that does draw in a good lot of sats, I note Triax make several 110c,m dishes,some steel,some alu etc, will the drag be less if its a lightweight, or will this be more prone to
suffer in gales, the site is sheltered from the west gales.
so what do you think, PPS I use a fortec star turner,which works well.
I have got my eye on a couple of pubs that closed recient with 1m dishes, but alas too high up, so I suppose they will drop off in 20 years.Owner said take it if you want(the dish)
Also with triax being around for years(still use a triax filter for terrestrial digital ,25 years old) this drags in Winter Hill & Moelyparc without cross distortion) anyhow thats it.

Bob

satpro

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD
My Location
UK
Hi wind will not be a issue as the dish will only be 2 foot off the ground in a sheltered area. I might go for the 1.1m triax i do not think i will gain any thing over my 1.2m dish, Do you have any photos of your set up how do you find the quality of the td100 dish,

rai uno said:
I have a TD110 with an H-H DiSEqC Motor on a Patio Mount and that seems perfectly robust and not overloaded. The pole is a 2" by 3ft Blakes, with a 10" base, bolted to a standard concrete slab.

It is reasonably sheltered though, which is a consideration if you use such a heavy Dish on a DiSEqC Motor - although they are supposed to handle "up to 1.2m" Dishes, weight needs to be considered as well as the wind exposure.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
A 1.2m CM dish should outperform a Triax TD110. It depends on what you want to pick up and where you are located though, if its worth the extra expense.

Also note, that the Triax TD110 is not a 1.1m dish, It is approx 101 cm wide and about 111cm tall.

The dish however does perform very well, expecially if you get the LNB right.

I have my TD110 on a tiny STAB HH90 ( max 90cm dish), and it has been performing well for over a year now. (5 ft off ground, very sheltered)

G

satpro said:
Hi wind will not be a issue as the dish will only be 2 foot off the ground in a sheltered area. I might go for the 1.1m triax i do not think i will gain any thing over my 1.2m dish, Do you have any photos of your set up how do you find the quality of the td100 dish,

I do indeed have some photos and I shall endeavour to Post them soon - I threatened to do so some weeks ago and got sidetracked.

Give me a few minutes to finish my chores before SWMBO gets home and I shall oblige :)

The Dish itself is well made and robust.

The only issue with it is the design of the elevation mechanism which consists of a sliding tongue which either jams if you don't apply pressure square on, or slides like hell while you are trying to fine tune!

That said, it is designed that way to cater for the weight and balance of the Dish during the alignment exercise and is worth persevering with.

G

Right. Decided to do it now, lest I forget. Again.

They were taken some months ago so the cabling arrangement is not the same as it is now, but everything else is.

The beauty of the Patio Mount is that fine adjustment of Azimuth is possible without slackening any clamps (and risking messing things up). A hefty backheel of the relevant edge of the slab equates to about half a degree :-rofl2

First time I've uploaded attachments and, thanks to the Sticky about it, I've installed the PixResizer Application to bring the originals down from their original 2MB each!

The Attachment Manager is very easy to use, too.

Attachments

• PICT0929.jpg
    PICT0929.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 75
  • PICT0934.jpg
    PICT0934.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 54
  • PICT0933.jpg
    PICT0933.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 62
  • PICT0932.jpg
    PICT0932.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 57
  • PICT0931.jpg
    PICT0931.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 57
  • PICT0930.jpg
    PICT0930.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 70
G

Actually, that's not right!

I must have taken those before I fitted my "spare" Motor.

Will nip out and take a few more .....................

Going gloomy now, though, so might leave it until tomorrow.

G

Just nipped out before the light went (nipped being the operative word - It's parky out there!)

Attachments

• PICT0004.jpg
    PICT0004.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 63
  • PICT0005.jpg
    PICT0005.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 64
  • PICT0006.jpg
    PICT0006.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 55
  • PICT0007.jpg
    PICT0007.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 55

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
How many dishes Rai ? , lol:-rofl2

How does SWMBO allow that. I'm only allowed two :-hammer

G

1. Legacy SkyZone 1 - still in use.

2. Motorised 80cm Orbital on the T&Ks you can see in one of the pics.

3. Legacy "SkyAnalogue" acquired from a nearby pigsty, fitted with Monoblock for 13E/19.2E and allocated for SWMBO's sole use

4. New Minidish (not visible in those pics) for 5W, also for SWMBO's sole use.

Her Dishes are selected by an A/B Switch - she can drive that ........... :-rofl2

5. The TD110 which is my "experimental" package (Or "arsing about", as they say oop here)

I have high command approval 'cos she has two of them all to herself :p

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
I'd start to worry when SWMBO orders the 2.4m in :-rofl2

Anyhow, nice set you have there :)

satpro

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD
My Location
UK
Thanks for the photos :)
rai uno said:
Just nipped out before the light went (nipped being the operative word - It's parky out there!)

satpro

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD
My Location
UK
Hi the size of the 1.1m triax is about the same as the 1.0m channel master.
Robbo said:
A 1.2m CM dish should outperform a Triax TD110. It depends on what you want to pick up and where you are located though, if its worth the extra expense.

Also note, that the Triax TD110 is not a 1.1m dish, It is approx 101 cm wide and about 111cm tall.

The dish however does perform very well, expecially if you get the LNB right.

I have my TD110 on a tiny STAB HH90 ( max 90cm dish), and it has been performing well for over a year now. (5 ft off ground, very sheltered)

satpro

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD
My Location
UK
And a little update for you i had both pole sizes 2 & 3 inch here but went for the 2inch so i put that in the ground this morning:) I will go for the triax td110 and if i am not happy with it i can change to the channel master i had the channel master dishes given to me so no loss but i will use them fixed and to play with:)