Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
The Secretary of State has today said that, on the basis of Ofcom’s assessment, she is minded to refer to a Phase 2 investigation on the grounds of media plurality. The Secretary of State added that the parties have until 14 July to make representations before she reaches a final decision.

Clicky link below not for the faint hearted

Ofcom’s findings relating to 21st Century Fox’s proposed acquisition of Sky

In a nutshell final reports will not be published until mid July, I am sure the anticipation is high

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Well I'm surprised, I was waiting on the "well EU said it was fine so must be.." and the travesty to get waved right through, should never be allowed to go through in anybody with ounce of common senses opinion.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well I'm surprised, I was waiting on the "well EU said it was fine so must be.." and the travesty to get waved right through, should never be allowed to go through in anybody with ounce of common senses opinion.

Perhaps they are just too busy ATM to bother investigating properly so just put on hold

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
I read an article last night (admittedly just skimming through reading the key points) and I'm sure it said that the EU body that takes to do with this had green lighted the take over but despite this ofcom still referred this decision pending an investigation here, BBC news I'm 90% sure it was....I think...bloody nightshift! Idles the brain lol

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I find it reassuring the MPs are following the current regulator who has had the pulling of wool experiences for a bit longer than the current government.

Meeting notes contradict Murdoch claim not to have asked PMs for help

With Blair as the Godfather, anyone could wake up to a horses head next to them.

While Mrs Murdoch does not comment on Mr Blair directly, the article states that Miss Kidman, Mr Jackman and Mr Blair are godparents.

It claims that Mr Blair attended the Jordanian ceremony “garbed in white” and describes him as one of Mrs Murdoch’s “closest friends”.

They have a mutual friend in Queen Rania of Jordan, who hosted the baptism. Both women were recently on the judging panel for a film prize organised by the Tony Blair Faith Foundation.

Tony Blair is godfather to Rupert Murdoch's daughter

Some of the comments below the article are highly amusing.