official spec's RELASED for BOTH 800 and 8000, screenshots supplied!

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
good question, i guess i could always get a laptop cooling pad like i have for my laptop and stick it underneath, generally though the DB allows air out via the sides so that would be no good. they must be some sort of fan somewhere i'd imagine, but i wouldn't of expected it to be on the bottom/top as the air cannot escape. It may just be me but i often place things ontop of my box e.g. exernal hard drive.

Maybe they are along the sides somewhere i am not sure.

Thanks for the link, that chip looks impressive, i knew dream wouldn't make it cheap and nasty but what i don't get is, if they willing to shell out for all this top notch kit, why didn't they for the HDMI licence, mystery.

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
Kaon have a cable PVR STB based on the BCM7410 with twin tuner, which clocks in at 45W max power consumption. If the DM800 has 40 or 45W of dissipation in such a small enclosure size, it does seem on the high side.

djlemur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000 + 300Gb + Gemini, HH100 Rotor, 0.8m Offset Dish, 0.3db Invacom LNB
My Location
Hampshire, UK
I note the news has been updated again - but there is still a bit of 3'oclock shadow about the 8000. Heres hoping we don't have to wait a month for the next updateU-zzz

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
the problem with all this waiting is that technology is moving on.... it will be old tec by the time its released!

its gonna have a DVD?
tomorrows tech is blu ray
it should play divx xvid and mp3 codecs
external usb hardrives should plug straight in
thats just for starters...

each month that goes by, the specs are looking worse.... 2 years ago this would have been a cracking box.

by the time is does get released, other products will be better....

Prophessor

Folding*home
Reaction score
Website
koizo.sourceforge.net
My Satellite Setup
[ Relook 250S ]
My Location
Madeira
The dm800 hás that cheap look we love so much, even inside stuff looks a bit on the cheap side with no fans, no heatsinks, well there's not much to see really. I want one, but i hope it's better than it looks.

Prophessor

Folding*home
Reaction score
Website
koizo.sourceforge.net
My Satellite Setup
[ Relook 250S ]
My Location
Madeira
It's a shame the dm800 uses an Alps BSBE2 tuner instead of Sharp. For this kind of money I would expect something better.

iwol

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
channel master 1.2m dish
technomate 6900,,and invacom 0.3 quad lnb
satlook micro
My Location
yorkshire
is there any possibility this may decode 4.2.2 feeds plz

rato

International Administrator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800; Nokia 9800s; Nokia 9902S w/T-Rex 3.66
w/ Inverto IDLP-40TL +
Technisat 33 dish; Pace DS430N + Humax HDCI-2000 w/
Gibertini OP 1.25m dish w/Inverto 0.3dB. & Invacom 0.2dB. w/ Spaun SAR 411;
CAS 3;FUN7; SkyStar2; AltDVB;
My Location
Setubal, Portugal
Prophessor said:
It's a shame the dm800 uses an Alps BSBE2 tuner instead of Sharp. For this kind of money I would expect something better.

Does that mean it will be less sensitive in weak signal areas?

Prophessor

Folding*home
Reaction score
Website
koizo.sourceforge.net
My Satellite Setup
[ Relook 250S ]
My Location
Madeira
Overall dreamboxes aren't known for their sensitive tuners, all of them from ALPS (as far as i know). For fringe reception dreambox it's not best receiver around, so don't expect to pull in as much signal from it like you have with your humax. It would be great if they used a Sharp tuner like other brands do, since they are of better build quality and more sensitive for weak signals.

If you search around you will find this be true and also that their have been a few members with tuner problems. Can't recall the name of that member but the tuner got fried for some reason. It's not a big issue by any means, but on the other hand I never saw any relook users complaining about this issue.

Anyway you can compare the specs of the dm800 with it's rival from relook, cuberevo mini and see wich is supposed to be better.
_http://www.dgstation.co.kr/new/download.php?f=/material/CubeRevo-mini%20spec%20and%20features.pdf
I'm 80% sure I going for a dm800 on the next month or so, but i doesn't hurt to compare whats around.